Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayxx2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
    When will a ball reach the bottom of a cone?
    Definitely not a homework question here, just a game that friends and I try to play to guess how long it takes a ball to fall to the bottom of a cone.

I do not have a lot of physics experience, but I was under the impression that if we knew certain constants such as: the diameter and height of the cone, the mass of the ball, the velocity of the ball as it falls into the cone, the angle of the side of the cone, and the usual constants for gravity and friction - that we should be able to know the exact time the ball will fall to the bottom.

We should also be able to know the distance the ball travelled going around the cone before hitting the bottom.

Sadly, I am not quite able to work out how to guess either the time or distance. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

When you hold a heavy ball in your hand at rest, the forces on the ball [ 6 Answers ]

When you hold a heavy ball in your hand at rest, the forces on the ball

In a doubles game how far over the net can a player reach to return a ball at net [ 1 Answers ]

During a doubles match a player on the opposite team was playing net and reached over to our side to return a ball. Can the racquet go over to the opposing team's side of the net to volley back a ball.

16.5 ic ovh carb keeps leaking out of the bottom little motor on the bottom I think c [ 1 Answers ]

16.5 ic ohv briggs and stration engine ,when I shut it off all the fuel leaks out of the bottom of the carb on the bottom of the carb is a little motor that I think controls the needle valve.Any ideas?Thanks Don

Find the time it takes a ball to reach homeplate from the outfield? [ 1 Answers ]

John is playing left field and standing 340 feet from home plate when making a throw to catch a runner at the plate. He throws the ball directly toward home with an initial velocity of 80 mph at an angle of 20º with respect to horizontal. If, on each bounce, the ball loses 10% of its energy, how...

I got base ball and foot ball trying to fine out how much [ 1 Answers ]

Oj simpson 1975 card Two pete rose cards Will mays baseball gold card 1964 Michael jordan rookie baseball card

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.