Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kateblack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
    From jet black to brown hair
    Hello, my hair was jet black, I would color roots every month or so with the color from the store (permanent mostly). So, I decided to go back to my brown hair, but I could not just grow it because the difference was very noticeable. I went to the salon and they messed up my hair... it looked like black with brown and yellowish spots all over it. Had to pay $190 with tip anyway (the hairdresser was the nicest person I ever met). I called manager and the next day manager was fixing my hair. She put highlight on it, gave me free shampoo and mask/conditioner hoping that I would never go back. It was almost 10pm, so I went straight to bed. The next day my girlfriend saw me and was shocked, she took me to another salon where I was told that I do not look like I just had my hair done, that I can't color it now, that I would have to wait for at least a month, and that they would charge about $150. My hair are very dry and look bad now. Unfortunately, I do not make much $ and now I have to pay again? What should I do? Could I color it myself at home? Should I go back to that salon and ask for my money back? I feel bad doing this, but I also doesn't want to walk around like that. Thanks.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 15, 2012, 11:29 PM
    That a really bad thing to happen. DO NOT EXPERIMENT anymore with your hair. Can you cut it short? If you can please do. The new hair that will grow will be damage free.

To remove the dryness, oil your hair, keep overnight, wash with mild or diluted shampoo. Also as it's getting warmer you can use scarves and hats and other head gear to hide your completely.

Your hair needs to get back its health.
    kateblack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
    Thank you for the response!

I do not really want to cut my hair short... I've been growing it for such a long time. I will be working on getting my hair healthy.
    Which oil and shampoo would you recommend?
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
    You can use the shampoo that suits you the best. Just make sure it's either mild, or you dilute it a bit by adding water.

I personally use olive oil(the edible one), as I find the regular hair oils too less oily. But again the choice of oil too depends on your hair type. Ideally for deep penetration and conditioning warm the oil before massaging into your scalp and hair.

Also, even though you might not want to cut short your hair, I'd recommend you to at least get them trimmed. Trimming will remove splitends and also help the hair to grow out faster. Regular trimming(once in three months) is really essential for healthy hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to dye already black hair Jet black with red highlights. What comes first? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My natural color is a natural black or like a 1B and I have some strands of gray that have increased over the last few years. I have finally decided I would like to get a permanent color and go Jet Black. But I would like some red highlights in my crown area (I just recently cut my...

Jet Black hair to light brown [ 0 Answers ]

I naturally have jet black hair and want to dye my hair a light brown color, what would you recommend?

Ahh getting rid of jet black hair dye - going back brown! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I've got such a problem! I dyed my hair a few days ago and it went ginger, so I dyed over it dark brown but it went jet black, and so I dyed over it with brown hair dye and it didn't make any difference I have brown extensions and they don't match and I can't afford black ones which I don't...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

View more questions Search