Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Feb 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
    How to tell your parents you're pregnant
    I am 9 weeks pregnant and I'm afraid to tell my parents I'm pregnant. I'm not sure why it has me so freaked I'm in my late 20's and married. I have a feeling they know because my dad keeps making comments about when he will be a grandpa, but my mom is always making comments like "they don't need to rush into having kids" (she said this just last week). She even made a comment back when I dating my now husband about how if me or my sis were pregnant she would have us in an abortion clinic (like it's her choice or something? ). We are planning on telling them soon but I just can't get excited about telling them. Has anyone else been nervous about telling their mom and dad? How did you tell your parents? I feel my heart racing just thinking about it :/
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Does your mom not want grandchildren?

The fact is, you're an adult, you're married, and the choice is yours. This should be a time of happiness, not sadness or fear.

Just tell them, and if your mother is upset remind her that it's your life and this is something that you're happy about. If she loves you she'll be supportive.

I never had a problem telling my parents. I knew that they'd be thrilled. I couldn't wait to tell them. When I did my father cried out of joy, and my mom did too. They were both thrilled and they loved their grandson very much. I only wish they had lived long enough to see their granddaughter born.

Feb 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
    I think she wants grandkids (someday)... I think she still thinks of me as her little girl though. I guess I will find out her reaction soon enough.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 09:01 PM
    Sorry, you are a married adult, you tell them, you sound more like a 12 year old at home afraid of their parents.

Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitykaty View Post
    You should tell your parents. your mom does not have any control over you get an abortion. it is your as in you and your husband alone. if she doesnt want grankids ahe can just deal with it
    Thanks, but this was from Feb so obviously they know now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen pregnant. How to tell parents ? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I'm pregnant.. how do I tell my parents.. I'm only 16 and my boyfriend is 17 can we get married? Or not? I live in Arkansas

My pregnant girl who needs to get away from her parents [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old I have a 16 year old girlfriend we life with her parents in florence ky her parents won't let her get married and she is pregnant her step father molested her when she was little and we don't want that to happen to our baby the parents won't let us get married I was just wondering...

Eighteen and pregnant. How should I tell my parents? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 going on 19 and pregnant I know now I messed up but I'm willing to face the consequences and keep my baby.. the good out of this is my boyfriend is going to be with me by my side every step of the way.. but I'm so scared of telling my parents and nervous I just don't know how to bring it...

How to tell parents your pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

hi, I'm 16 years old and I took a home pregnancy test and it came positive and I took three more and they were all the same. I don't know how I can tell my mom this and I don't know if I should give it up for adoption my boyfriend justin is 17 and he know about this and he don't know what to do. We...

Can My Pregnant Girlfriend's Parents Keep Me From Seeing Her? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, I am 17, but I'm about to be 18 in less than 2 months. My girlfriend just turned 17 in January. Her parents are strict so we don't really get any time of privacy. So when we do we have as much fun as possible. And that's how she got pregnant, but the thing is her parents don't know she's...

View more questions Search