Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberry_211 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
    Am I pregnant
    I'm 16 and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about 4 weeks ago and I been feelimg weird so he got pregnancy tests for me he got first reaponse ovulation and 4/6 came out positive and 2 came out negative and then the following week I had headaches and my nipples got very sore and tender weird I kbow then this weej I was suppose to get my period on the 20-22 and got it today Sunday the 26 and when I saw that I was wiping it was pinkish and then 3 hours later got bright red and like mucus looking like discharge and I'm usually a dark heavy red on periods sorry for the tmi but I also been cramping a lot but not heavy cramping its abdominal cramping too I had nausea and head aches and a lot of dizziness help! Could I be pregnant?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 26, 2012, 07:35 PM
    He got you an ovulation test or a pregnancy test? If he got a pregnancy test and 4 of them are positive, yes you're pregnant.
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
    If you are pregnant you don't ovulate, therefore an ovulation test would not be positive. So yes, it does matter if it was an ovulation or pregnancy test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
    Please come back and give us the information on the type of test taken.

If it is a pregnancy test, a false negative happens, but seldom a false pos. Also why did he buy and you use six of them?

Feb 27, 2012, 06:32 AM
    It wasn't 6 in a day it was 1 per day
    The test were first response ovulation and pregnancy test 6 days before missed period and that came out positive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 06:43 AM
    If you took pregnancy tests and they were positive, you are indeed pregnant. Now it's very important you make a doctor's appointment.

Feb 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
    I have an appointment this Thursday and if I am which I hope ill be very happy
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry_211 View Post
    I have an appointment this thursday and if i am which i hope ill be very happy
    You're 16 and you hope you're pregnant?

::smacks head::

Can you support this child? Do you have a job, your own place, can you afford the $12,000 plus just to give birth to this child? Or do you just want a baby, not knowing what a baby really entails?

If you are pregnant then you'll have to accept it and do the best you can, but if you're not then I'm really hoping that you take precautions in the future.

I have yet to meet a 16 year old that can handle being a mother.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry_211 View Post
    I have an appointment this thursday and if i am which i hope ill be very happy
    To be very honest, and I hate to hurt your feelings, I hope you are NOT pregnant. While you may be mature for your age, you have no idea what having a baby entails. You will be sitting at home watching the baby while your friends are all out having fun, going to parties, prom, etc.

There are also some very serious pregnancy complications that could endanger you or your baby by being pregnant at such a young age.

Do you have enough money to raise this child who will need diapers and wipes, clothes and toys, formula if you don't breast feed (and you won't), how about doctors appointments and vaccinations, who is going to pay the hospital bill? Are you ready to be a single mother? Because I can promise you beyond the shadow of a doubt that your boyfriend won't hang around too long when you can't go out and party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

View more questions Search