Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dougcgrubbs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
    The name of an 80s/90s Sci-Fi movie with a blatant R2-D2 rip-off
    I need the name of a movie that came out in either the 80s or early 90s. I seem to remember it being a kids movie, but I could be wrong. It involved a group of kids and a robot companion, the robot was shaped identically to R2-D2, except I think that he might have been painted red instead of blue, and he had a detachable head that could hover around. I think that the robot "died" by getting lowered into a pool or vat of some acid, but the floating head survived. The details are all very fuzzy, but that's the gist of it, I think.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Too Much
    The scene with the pool/head is mentioned in this review: The Golan-Globus Movie Too Much
    dougcgrubbs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Quinn, you are a god among men. I'm mean, really, how do you find these things? In all honestly, I kind of wish you hadn't, because that movie is complete garbage, but it's nice to know I can trace me B-Rated loce back to childhood.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Lol, that's often the way it is. Glad to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's sci fi movies of the 80s and 90s [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I've been trying to find out the name of an old movie I used to watch at christmas time on terestrial TV in scotland :o all I remember is there were a boy and a girl and they were at an old wooden house it had a lake at it and the boy put a old divers suit on the one with the big screw on...

A sci-fi kid show probably from the 80s or 90s. [ 1 Answers ]

It describes several kids in a spaceship, accidentally jettisoned into space and trying to go home. A martian girl who teleports, and has an alterego (susan? ) somewhere else. Her alterego came on board (to replace the martian girl of course), and she can breathe any air... A girl from...

80s-90s sci fi kids' show [ 1 Answers ]

Can't remember the name for the life of me. Had a space ship, a bunch of kids, I believe, a few adults. I think one girl had rainbow hair and/or the name rainbow. I also believe another girl was bald. Do you know the name?

80s/90s fantasy sci-fi kids movie with a labyrinth [ 8 Answers ]

Im desperatly trying to find this movies title that I saw when I was a kid. Im not sure if it was made in the 80s or early 90s, but this is what I do know: First I remember a scene of a dark labyrinth (not the Daviod Bowie one)... like I think that's where some children were lost or smthing. Can't...

Looking for an 80s-90s sci fi flick... [ 4 Answers ]

I am searching for the title of an mid- to late 80s early-90s sci fi movie. The movie was about an alien being (that would get inside a human host on earth and could change from host to host via the mouth. Example, one of the aliens went from a dying male host to a dog and then moved on to another...

View more questions Search