Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jun7531 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Winlogon Taking Up Lots Of CPU Space
    Hi Everyone,

I been having trouble with my cpu cause of winlogon is taking up to 99% or 100% which is slowing my computer down lots of time and sometimes it even won't start my comp. any ideas to fix it?
    douchrti Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Hi,
    Do you have Auto Updates on? Or it could be your AntiVirus. Sometime MS just does this and there is really no fix.
    But to make sure you should head over to Major Geeks Forum. Register and dnload HijackThis. Run it and submit the logs to the Forum.
    They are good people and will help yoou make sure its not a Nastie.
    Here's the link.
    MajorGeeks Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Winlogon.exe [ 1 Answers ]

Winlogon.exe has encounted an error and need to shutdown the PC.

Winlogon at 90% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Win2K domain controller and the WinLOGON.exe is at 90% all the time. There are no viruses on the PC, I have the virus SW up to date and it has found nothing. The PC had the same problem in DEC, then it was fixed, but I forgot what fixed it :-( and now it has started again. Any...

Winlogon.exe [ 9 Answers ]

Hey I really need help my damn comp sux... ok it goes so slow b-coz winlogon is using its cpu... I heard it mayb virus how do I fix the damn problem... Someone please help me!! I did a search for winlogon and found 2 files with same name in different places though... could one of these be the...

WinLogon Memory Bloat [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I looked at my taskmaster, only t'realize that my Winlogon.exe is taking up *256M* of my memory.. more than half my systems memory. This morning, I reboot, and check.. Its back to under a meg of memory.. Now.. 12 hours later, its back up to 128M of Memory being used. Anyone have...

View more questions Search