Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hicheong Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
    quantum physics (atoms)
    3) a) A muonic hydrogen atom consists of a proton and a muon, μ. The muon behaves like as an electron with mass mμ = 105.7 MeV/c2, approximately 200 times greater than the mass of the electron, me = 0.511 MeV/c2. What is the ground state energy E1 of this atom?

E1 = -0.1 eV

E1 = -2813.2 eV

E1 = -581898.3 eV

b) Define
    dμ = the most likely distance between the muon and the proton in the muon hydrogen atom in its ground state;

de = the most likely distance between the electron and the proton in the hydrogen atom in its ground state.

Compare dμ and de:

dμ < de

dμ = de

dμ > de

c) How many muons can be in the n=3 states (including the effect of spin) of the muonic hydrogen atom?

Please show me what formula or concept I should use?

Check out some similar questions!

Physics quantum theory solve the sum [ 1 Answers ]

How many grams of Ne will have same number of particles as 27gms. Of Ar?

Quantum Physics [ 1 Answers ]

The energy required to remove an electron from sodium is 2.3eV.does sodium show photoelectric effect for yellow?what is wavelength for photoelectric emission from sodium?

Quantum mechanics [ 0 Answers ]

The stopping potential for photoelectrons emitted from a surface illuminated by light of wavelength of 4910Angstrom is 0.71Angstrom is 0.71V.when the incident wavelength is changed the stopping potential is found 1.43V.what is wavelength?

Conan and Jim Carrey discuss quantum physics [ 1 Answers ]

YouTube - Conan - Conan and Jim Carrey Talk Quantum Physics

Quantum ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya all. QUANTUM Desktop PC 80 Gb Hard Drive. 2.4 Ghz Intel Celeron Processor 56 Kbs Internal Modem DVD, CD-RW Multimedia 256 Mb DDR RAM, 17 inch Monitor Keyboard, Mouse, Jazz Speaker set Preloaded Windows XP Home with back up disc. £200 or very nearest offer

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.