Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heyheyjj1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Under house tunnel
    We went down in the basement and found a tunnel leading to the church close to it. Could this be a house that was on the Underground Railroad?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Could be, start your research here Levi Coffin House - the "Grand Central Station" of the Underground Railroad
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Very possible, also some tunnels were there for moon shiners, also during civil war and other times there were tunnels made for merely escape if attached.

So how old is your home,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tunnel under sidewalk [ 2 Answers ]

We need to divert rain water from around the foundation of our home. We had a gutter system put on the roof line of our home, but the gutters down spouts still dump the rainwater around the foundation of the house. We want to divert the water through pipes further away from the house. One...

Carpal tunnel [ 2 Answers ]

Does carpal tunnel ever get well without surgery? Is there any special treatment or therapy?

Tunnel feeling [ 1 Answers ]

I have had for several months now a tunnel feeling in my head. If feels like you are always in a cloud or in a tunnell. What could this be?

Tunnel feeling [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a tunnel feeling for several months now. What could this be?

Is this carpal tunnel? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I work a lot on the computer, and hang out on it some in my spare time. Last Sunday, I noticed that my right wrist was sore on the outside (the pinkie finger side, where that little bumpy bone is). I figured it was from mousing too much, and that it would go away with some rest and time...

View more questions Search