Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KATMAS324 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2012, 06:15 AM
    How do you make a free website?
    Ok so I want to make a website. How do you do it? Is it free?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Depends on what you call a website. There are lots of free options: Facebook, Myspace, WordPress, etc... but using the "totally free" options will mean that you have lots of limitations and will have to deal with advertisements and other stuff that the company adds to your "webpage".

What is it that you want to do with a website? Telling us a bit more about what you want to do will help us direct you to what would be good for you.

Generally, my recommendation is to get a hosting plan with someone like GoDaddy.com or Lunarpages.com (which will be about $100 per year) and then use their web software to make your site (which is free with most plans).

That method will require that you spend some time learning the ropes of how it all works, but for about $100 per year you can make the site look and act just like you want it to without all of the garbage that typically comes with the freebie sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a website [ 3 Answers ]

How to make a website

Need a free computer website to ask a free question from a expert [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a web site that you can go to ,to pull up your text message from your cell phone

Free Website [ 17 Answers ]

Is there a place where I can create a free website of my own? I want something of a bloggy type of website, but something I can easily design to my own liking... :D

View more questions Search