Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atanazhf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
    The acceleration of a particle moving only on a horizontal plane?
    The acceleration of a particle moving only on a horizontal plane is given by a= 3ti 4tj, where a is in meters per second-squared and t is in seconds.

At t = 0s, the position vector r= (20.0 m)i (40.0 m)j locates the particle, which then has the velocity vector v= (5.000 m/s)i (2.00 m/s)j

(a) What is the expression of its instantaneous velocity vector, as a function of time?
    (b) What is the expression of its instantaneous position vector, as a function of time?

At t = 4s, what are :

(c) its position vector in unit-vector notation?
    (d) the angle between its direction of travel and the positive direction of the x axis

Check out some similar questions!

Components of acceleration for particle in circular motion [ 1 Answers ]

Find the components a_T and a_N of the acceleration vector of a particle moving along a circular path of radius R= 100 cm with constant velocity v0= 5 cm/s.

What happens when an accelerated charged particle strikes a neutral particle? [ 0 Answers ]

When an accelerated ion strikes a neutral atom at a pressure of 10m Hg in a discharge tube then why does the ionization of the gas present in the discharge tube further increases ? I meant , What happens when a charged accelerated particle strikes a neutral particle ? 1) Does the neutral...

An object is moving in a straight line with a constant acceleration. Its position is [ 7 Answers ]

An object is moving in a straight line with a constant acceleration. Its position is measured at three different times, as shown in the table below. Time (s) | Position, (m) 44.00 | 8.900 46.00 | 17.900 48.00 | 38.500 Calculate the magnitude of the acceleration at t=46.00 s.

Alpha particle acceleration [ 8 Answers ]

So if you have an alpha particle accelerated to 23.1 MeV per particle. How do you convert it to find the energy in kJ/mole?

Moving horizontal bands [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced my front projection TV with a new rear projection HDTV. I had horizontal line/lines that moved up the picture in the old set and was hoping it would go away with the new set…no such luck. New set uses only the component inputs from my audio/video equipment that is located on...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.