Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gymstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Russian Lever
    Hi, I have my grades in 3 weeks and I'm struggling with my russian lever on beam - any sugestions? :( thanks!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Feb 18, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Conditioning is great. Don't underestimate or give up on your conditioning. This skill requires a lot of strength and you will need as much conditioning as you can get.

One of the best ways to condition a skill is to specifically condition the muscles that you will use for that particular skill. In the case of a hold such as this it is best to practice by holding the actual position or a variation of the position.

Have you tried working against the wall? Position yourself appropriately against the wall (you will have to determine the distance of the hands away from the wall) work it so that your butt/hips rest on the wall and all while you are trying to lift the hips up off the wall. The wall sort of acts as a spotter and depending on how much help you need you can adjust where on the wall to place your butt/hips. You can also vary the hold slightly by holding a tuck position as well.

Be sure to keep strong arms behind you. Bent elbows will cause you to collapse quickly.

You can also work on a set of parallettes, just be careful not to fall on them. Using these will also help you to transition from your prior skill whether stooping through from a handstand or squatting through from a stand on the floor as in a mount.

Spend lots of time strengthening the position.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub drain lever help [ 8 Answers ]

undefined I need some advice on how to replace a bathtub drain lever. The tub doesn't drain unless you hold the lever in a certain position. I unscrewed the cover on the lever and started to pull out the guts - but thought - I better ask someone for help. It's a Price Pfister cover and the...

Looking for Russian comunities abroad [ 2 Answers ]

Please, help me to find the internet resources or contacts of russian comunities all over the world.

Russian Dwarf Hmasters [ 7 Answers ]

Can you keep dwarf hamsters in your bedroom?:D I don't know! Hahahaha!

Bathtub drain lever [ 2 Answers ]

How do I fix a disconected lever in my tub like the plunger lever came off

Need Help With Russian Girl [ 1 Answers ]

I live in U.S. I have started process for U.S. K-1 Fiancée visa. Also will have to file hardship petition because I can not afford to travel abroad. Please anyone with any info regarding this subject please help!!

View more questions Search