Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QDRO1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 09:32 AM
    Can a financial planner do a qdro on your behalf if your are divorced
    I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED TWO YEARS. I thought I had done a QDRO, but can't find it. Is my financial planner able to do it for me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
    No, a QDRO is part of your divorce, included in your divorce decree. Your Attorney didn't discuss this with you at the time of your divorce?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to be licensed in the state of Florida to be a financial planner [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to be licensed in the state of Florida to be a financial planner?

Desperate Divorced Woman in need of financial help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this but I hope someone out there reads this and can offer help. I am a divorced woman whose husband left me with all the bills to pay and the justice system in this state is a joke. I am not looking for a hand out, just a second chance to get my finances back on track. I am...

If you married in panama and divorced in united states are you legaly divorced [ 6 Answers ]

My husband was is in the army, and was stationed in panama and married a panamanian girl. He took her to USA and they separated a few years later. My husband has given her multipule copies of the divorce papers and she refuses to believe they are divorced and he remarried. She called him today...

Financial Planner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I was wondering how I should go about picking a financial advisor. I'm 26 and no one in my family has ever consulted with one, so I'm pretty much doing this on my own. I don't have a lot of money like some people that seek out financial planners, but I also know that any amount is good...

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

View more questions Search