Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melaniew2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Bathroom mixer tap-hot water just trickling out!
    I have recently changed the bath and taps in my bathroom from a pair of taps to single mixer taps. Since doing this I noticed that the hot water only trickles out, the cold water is very powerful, so to fill up a nice warm bath it would take at least an hour and by then the hot water would have probably gone cold!
    We have a standard boiler (not combi boiler) with a hot water tank in the airing cupboard on the first floor and a cold water reservoir in the loft.
    We don't seem to have had this problem with the old taps, but I never had a bath (just showers-from electric shower over bath-no problem with temp for this) so I don't know what the water was like out of the old pair of taps.
    Does anyone know how this can be solved? Is there different sorts of mixer taps? Therefore have I bought the wrong ones? Or is there a problem with my hot water system?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2007, 04:20 AM
    The evidence suggests a problem at the new faucet. What brand is it? Are there integral stops [valves connected at the faucet connections]? Did you flush out any debris from the new faucet after installation? Some of the new single handle faucets clog easily and the cartridge seems to fail. Many times these cartridges can be rinsed clean. Was the single handle faucet professionally installed? If so, get him back out to warranty this thing.
    You said the hot water is trickling out. I am guessing that when you turn it all the way over the water stream is very poor. If not, you may need to simply adjust the scaldguard limiter under the handle. The limiter does not allow the handle to turn far enough to open the hot water but rather stops the handle short. Hopefully you kept the paperwork on the new faucet and can try to adjust the limiter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trickling Hot Water Upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my kitchen remodelled in my 60+ yr old house. In the process, the contractor shut off the water from the basement so that my family had no water on the 1st floor (incl. Kitchen) and the 2nd fl. Bathroom. We were asked to use the bathroom in the basement for the time being, which...

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Bathroom Mixer Tap [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I Was Wondering If Anyone Know's How To Fix The Bathroom Mixer Tap. When You Turn It On, ( the hot water tap on the bath ) It Only Turns A Small Amount And The Water Comes Out Ever So Slow.. It HAS Been Doing That For A While now, But Now It Is gettind Bad. Its Very Slow. Can Anyone...

Luke warm water from hot water tap [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a condo (efficiency) that was converted from a motel. I 've had and have problems with hot water in taps. The unit is old and the feed pipes from the hot/cold water supplies are not accessible. Last year all I got was luke warm water from the shower and two taps in the unit. I had a...

Mixer tap and unequal pressure problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have removed a washbasin with separate hot and cold water taps from an ensuite bathroom in my mother-in-law's bungalow and fitted a new basin with a mixer tap. When I connected everything up and tried the tap I got hot water but no cold. However, the cold water supply pipe got warm...

View more questions Search