Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jugaadsobti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Do I need to see a therapist or psychiatrist?
    I have been a great guy all my life and my parents have been quite happy about it. After school got over I got into this university where I have just destroyed my whole life. I did go to college the whole first year got decent grades but now I'm just ignoring stuff... I miss my classes, lie to my parents and teachers... I don't do anything constructive. I'm stuck in the 3rd year of my course. At this point I just feel completely demotivated, useless and not confident of doing anything. I just hate it right now and want it to end which is sending my mind into a whole lot of depression... I feel scared to let my parents know about all this cause I have already given them a hell lot of problems because of me to deal with. To get away from all this I sleep and sleep and when I wake up I don't like it.
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Feb 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
    I don't think you need a therapist or a psychiatrist. What you do need is to tell them the truth. By lying to your parents you are only aggrivating the problem further. Truth is good food for the soul. They can't help you if they don't know what the problem is. You said that you've been a "great guy" your whole life. Prove it one more time by doing the honorable thing and be straight with them. Let the dignity inside of you shine through as only you can. Even if (for some reason) they can't help you, you'll still feel a whole lot better. Your conscience will be clear and you will be more able to seek the answers that you need without being bogged down by lies and guilt. You can do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free psychiatrist ? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to see a therapist [ 4 Answers ]

I Hate me, I hate the person that I am. I Never liked me. I want to like me but how can I like me when No one else does. I am a 52 year old mother of 2. Married to a wonderful Man of 30 years. I have felt like this for most of those years. But I hide it very well. My husband knows that I am...

Do I need to see a Psychiatrist/Therapist/Counselor [ 1 Answers ]

Before I start telling you about my situation, I ask two things 1)Please be understanding, I've had enough people in my life who've said 'suck it up'. Well I've tried that for some 3 years now, doesn't work. 2)Please be patient. I know these are my mental problems so they might be boring to you. ...

Should I see a psychiatrist [ 11 Answers ]

I am not very familiar with psychological disorders, and I feel like I am a normal person, but I also feel like I know a lot of people who go to psychiatrists that seem to be normal as well. I am now 25 years old, 3 years out of school and I am living my dream job and being very successful at it....

View more questions Search