Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cankulz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
    How to get full custody of my niece after 5 years
    I have had my niece since she was 2 weeks old, she is now 5 her mother have been here to Pittsburgh once since I have had her and her father is in jail. I do have custody of her. I would like to get full custody of her. Her mother at the time was a prostitut and at that time she had given 2 other girls up for adoption,they were my nieces also. They ask me to keep her for a yr however they never did.she had another daughter after the one I have who is also my niece and she gave that one up also.she only keep her boys which she has all 4 in her custody.my niece knows of her mother but never seen her except for when she was one years old.its in my best interest to keep her un my custody because she is safe and knows nothing about her real mother.since I have had her she probably spoke to her real mother about 5 times.I want full sole custody and don't know how to go about it.I want the best for my niece and as far as she knows I'm mommy in her eyes.why hurt her by taking her away from the one person she knows. There is a reason she gave all her girl's up for adoption, and u refuse to give up on my baby girl without a good fight.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
    I would go for adoption. But to answer your question, you go to Family Court and file a petition for Sole legal and physical custody or adoption.

Hiring a Family Law attorney to help would be advisable, especially to go for adoption.
    cankulz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 02:48 AM
    Thank you so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Want full custody of my niece. [ 5 Answers ]

I Want full cusody of my niece will a judge give me custody? My niece is 6 years old I'v had her for the last 5yrs, my sister left her with me at 9months for about a 1year before coming back and trying too get too know her, my niece's father passed away when she was a few months old, my sister dose...

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

I want full custody of my 2yr old niece [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is in jail and she agreed to sign the papers for full custody, but I'm not sure which ones I need. I have temp. custody of my niece right now and I've had the baby off and on since she was 3mos. Old. Every time my sister feels like playing momma she comes and takes her from me and with...

View more questions Search