Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Banhbaoplz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 09:52 PM
    What will happen to me if I got suspended from school?
    Recently well actually right now I am on a suspension from school for theft in the boys locker room. I am wondering would it effect my chances of getting into a good university college and even going to post secondary ( going to college early during your junior or senior year).

This is what happened in the locker room about 4 days ago on Wednesday. I was in there changing for P.E and I got my shirt and pants on and needed to change shoes for P.E as most people do. I had a new pair of shoes that day and wanted to change into my converses before I came out and started to do physical activities. Soon when I am unlacing my converses trying to get it so I can stick my feet in one of my friends came by me and sat next to me. He asked me for 5 dollars to go and buy skate board wheels for he had 15 and needed 20 dollars to buy them. I responded by saying no I didn't O was broke and didn't have any money today. Then he saw a locker that had an open door with no lock on it with a backpack inside the locker. He then asked me who's backpack it was and I replied saying I did not know which was the truth. He then started to get up and opening the backpack and telling me he was trying to find a wallet so he can find 5 dollars for his wheels. He pulled out some pencils, glue, and a calculator a Texas Instrument one to be exact. When he pulled out the calculator I soon had my shoes on and looked at him and asked him isn't that the calculator that I had stolen from me a past month ago. Turning out it was not when he showed me while holding it. 3 guys came by (1 of them shared the locker with me and he was the one that snatched the calculator out from my friends hand. He then asked him "what the "" where you doing looking through my friends backpack for." I then replied to him saying that I did not take anything from his backpack. And I opened up my locker for him to search stating that I have not taken anything. He then didn't want to search it and took the stuff showing it to the P.E teacher. When me and my friend walked out to P.E the teacher called us back and asked us to come see him. He sat us separately and questioned us on what happened. Then the principal came and I told him what happened and my friend did the same. My friend confessed that he was looking through the locker and I have said that He was looking through it to find money. The principal then came into my locker and searched it while the period was over. When the period was over and the principal came in too search my locker I found that the other guy's cloths where gone and he had left and when the principal searched my pants pocket I told him earlier that I ad an 80gb black iPod video that belonged to me and it was missing now. I called up the other guy who shared the locker with me and the principal searched him and found marijuana on him and they arrested him. He got a suspension same with my other friend. I did not know if he had my iPod or not because the police took him in custody.

I was wondering if this 3 day suspension will have an effect on my College Careers as to applying for college and also getting a job in about 1 year. Thank you for any answers and time dedicated into helping me. Much is appreciated.
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Feb 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
    How did you get suspended? I couldn't follow it very well.

On another note, the effect of this on college and jobs will be determined by the subjects. The more money related you will be (accounting, management, etc.) the less likely you may get a chance. However, it's not zero.

If you could clear up your story a bit I can give you a more definite answer.

Feb 18, 2007, 12:07 AM
    So pretty much they can't say that I was stealing in the locker room they just said that I was looking through someone's backpack that is all and I was wondering if I could go to a good university after this like lets say the university of Minnesota or the university of California los angeles.
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Feb 18, 2007, 07:50 AM
    I'm not entirely sure how serious they take it down in the States, but here a friend of mine was suspended for theft, and it affected his chances, but not immensely. However, it would be extremely hard to get into a university if you were going into anything involving finance and management as I said earlier as I was told.

It all depends on the field you're going into. Some universities will look at what you're going into to see what relevance that incident might have on your performance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Ok, so you had no problem with your friend looking though someone else's locker to steal the money,

You were caught with your friend trying to steal from someone else's locker

And you were suspended.

This will effect you getting into some of the best colleges, so if you wanted to go to harvard you may as well forget that now.

I will have little effect on most state colleges.

Feb 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Thank you for all your response I am more looking for state colleges not anything near havard no intention to be a lawyer or anything but I just found out that it will have effect on financial plans like sbowman said thank you guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended Ceiling / Recessed lighting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a "problem" suspended ceiling. I bought a house almost a year ago, and I knew that at some point the suspended ceiling in the basement would become a frustratiion. The finished room is about 10x21 feet. It is a USG ceiling with 2x4 USG ceiling tiles. The issue is that the ceiling is hung...

Suspended from work [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I av been suspended from work pending further enquireis as I av been accused of theft from the company I work with. They showed me a pile of receipts and said that I have been signing the reciepts and making faulse addresses as the transaction numbers are false and that they...

Suspended jail time.. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so in the navy reqruiting manual subsection subsection subsection title z... blah blah it states sometime along the lines of. Now persons may enter into the navy that has any pending actions, monitored or supervised probation, incompletion of any classes counseling, failure to pay fines, and...

View more questions Search