Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
    I cannot read the hearts of men, but can do the math, and its not good enough or wise to assume in light of the fact that many have already been caught in fraud, and many more are being looked at closer, that humanitary reasons are what motivate some wealthy people into philanthropy, and a good name for good works has to be scrutized given those facts.

I believe in good people, don't get me wrong, but the bad do exist. And for sure the greedy want to look good.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
    You just assume then that if they lean conservative then their motives need to be questioned ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I cannot read the hearts of men, but can do the math, and its not good enough or wise to assume in light of the fact that many have already been caught in fraud, and many more are being looked at closer, that humanitary reasons are what motivate some wealthy people into philanthropy, and a good name for good works has to be scrutized given those facts.

I believe in good people, don't get me wrong, but the bad do exist. And for sure the greedy want to look good.
    "Part of the bourgeoisie is desirous of redressing social grievances, in order to secure the continued existence of bourgeois society,”(The Communist Manifesto. )
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
    So if you were a pastor you wouldn't allow your church to accept money from sinners?
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 12:01 PM
    I assume no such thing as greedy, or downright evil doesn't have a party affiliation or social title. A good human, is a good human, liberal, or conservative or D's or R's.

"Trust but verify". Ronald Reagan
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Great Reagan quote - largely irrelevant to philanthropy but entirely relevant to government "largesse." A dollar is a dollar to World Vision, just as long as they can keep caring for children that REALLY have nothing.
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Reagans quote is relevant to many things I have found, and I am for great works, but we must always verify.

World Vision - World Vision statement regarding alleged fraud in Liberia

The worst in people can show up anywhere. Not blaming WV, but glad they closed a few loopholes.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jun 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    And you'll never have Pâté de Foie Gras and arugula with Barack and the The Devil Wears Prada lady. What's your point?

Speaking of the Massachusetts rich guy, the left seems to be compensating for the huge bummer Obama turned out to be by going all in for Fauxcahontas.

Exit question, were some Democrats disenfranchised because they couldn't get into the convention to vote for Marisa DeFranco without a valid photo ID?
    Hi Steve.

The point is that both sides are the same, there is no difference.

You don't see the significance of this?

P.S. What is a 'Fauxcahontas?

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Reagans quote is relevant to many things I have found, and I am for great works, but we must always verify.

World Vision - World Vision statement regarding alleged fraud in Liberia

The worst in people can show up anywhere. Not blaming WV, but glad they closed a few loopholes.
    Um, World Vision auditing their own workers is fantastic. Not sure what that has to do with the motives of their donors.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi Steve.

The point is that both sides are the same, there is no difference.

You don't see the significance of this?
    So if there's no difference I guess we're all wasting our breath and our vote.

P.S. What is a 'Fauxcahontas?

Fauxcahontas is the left's latest Messiah and Senate candidate who falsely claimed Cherokee heritage to get ahead. She also apparently plagiarized recipes for a Cherokee cookbook and claimed she wasn't wealthy with a net worth of $14.5 million and a $429,000 salary.

That's a Fauxcahontas.
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
    LOL, so the right expands the birther crap, while Mitt is unemployed??
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
    What??
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
    You think the Elizabeth Warren lies and academic fraud at Harvard Law School compares to the birther nonsense ? I think Harvard should seriously consider her termination.

"for at least six straight years during Warren's tenure, Harvard University reported in federally mandated diversity statistics that it had a Native American woman in its senior ranks at the law school. According to both Harvard officials and federal guidelines, those statistics are almost always based on the way employees describe themselves.”
    http://articles.boston.com/2012-05-2...izabeth-warren
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What?????

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You think the Elizabeth Warren lies and academic fraud at Harvard Law School compares to the birther nonsense ? I think Harvard should seriously consider her termination.

"for at least six straight years during Warren’s tenure, Harvard University reported in federally mandated diversity statistics that it had a Native American woman in its senior ranks at the law school. According to both Harvard officials and federal guidelines, those statistics are almost always based on the way employees describe themselves.”
    Filings raise more questions on Warren?s ethnic claims - Boston.com
    Mitt sits at a table of low income people and said he was unemployed and you guys worry about Warrens' great great whoever. Unreal, I mean who cares what the spin is, its not worth digging in the weeds about. The topic is whose better, Its real simple to me, Mitts plan (officially online) has plenty of holes and assumptions we can question, and Obama has been clear about what he wants from the congress. The congress is clearly gumming up the works for real job creation, and that's the issue, not some nonsense about some bodies ancestors. That birther talk! Enough of this crap.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
    The only one mentioning birthers here is you Tal. We don't need no stinkin' birther nonsense, Obama's incompetence and record is more than enough to run against.
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Republicans and democrats have come out of recessions in the past by starting infrastructure projects, and hiring government workers, and modest targeted tax increases, now all of a sudden we can do none of that. 6,000 bridges that have failed inspections, what are we waiting for? Power transmission grids that are out dated antiquated, and inefficient, schools that are as old as I am, 80 year old water mains, man there are many things we should be doing if America gets off its lazy fat a$$!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Well just maybe if we wean some of those lazy a$$es off the government's teat...
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Besides ,it's not birther stuff ,it's genuine fraud. Did she or did she not get an advantage by lying about her heritage ? It's ethnic fraud ;which as a lib you should genuinely be appalled about because it undermines the programs your side champions to "level the playing field" . Was she alone ? Or were those liberal institutions of higher learning with ivory towers that recruited her complicit in the fraud ? Are the lies of the candidates on your side untouchable ? As I recall ;the major dinosaurs spent a lot of time trying to discredit GW Bush's past. Back then it wasn't the issues of the day they were concerned about... They tried to make his past the issue of the day.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
    there are many things we should be doing if America gets off its lazy fat a$$!!!
    Not al lot of hope of that while you are supersizing your burgers and fries Tal
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Don't worry about that.. Nanny Bloomy and his flunkies are on the case . He recently set in motion what will be a ban on the selling of large sodas in NYC .

The board hand-picked by Mayor Michael Bloomberg that must approve his ban of selling large sugar-filled drinks at restaurants might be looking at other targets.
    The New York City Board of Health showed support for limiting sizes of sugary drinks at a Tuesday meeting in Queens. They agreed to start the process to formalize the large-drink ban by agreeing to start a six-week public comment period.
    At the meeting, some of the members of board said they should be considering other limits on high-calorie foods.
    One member, Bruce Vladeck, thinks limiting the sizes for movie theater popcorn should be considered.
    "The popcorn isn't a whole lot better than the soda," Vladeck said.
    Another board member thinks milk drinks should fall under the size limits.
    "There are certainly milkshakes and milk-coffee beverages that have monstrous amounts of calories," said board member Dr. Joel Forman.
    Health panel talks about wider food ban - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines

Oh what fun they'll have when the tackle the Burger King summer menu.

The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae — vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon — that started in Nashville, Tenn. Earlier this year.
    The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
    Ice Cream Whopper: Burger King Offering Bacon Sundae CBS Connecticut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search