Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    my1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Berevament
    My boyfriend of 7 weeks dad has terminal cancer. He has gone really quite over the last week as he has had to go into a hospice.Yesterday he said he needed to deal with this on his own , in his way, finishing it with me. With in the hour his dad died. I am just at a loss as to what to do next?
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Feb 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
    There are a lot of things that have to happen from this point. There is a funeral to plan (even if it has been pre-arranged), people to visit, and tears to dry. What your boyfriend needs at this point is patience. He will have a great deal of emotion and may say or do things that are uncharacteristic for him. The best thing that you can do is simply be there, quietly and steadfastly. The simple act of your presence will yield more comfort than any words that you can say.

A touch, a smile, a reassuring nod is all that is needed right now. As the grief process continues, he'll begin to open up to you again, and he will return to his normal routine, and that's exactly what should happen. None of this will be especially easy, but it's easier with your love and dedication than without. Best of luck to you both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search