Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boud Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2004, 04:47 AM
    Date and time problems Win 98
    Hai everybody,

Every time when I start my computer, the time and date are resetted back to 1999. I find this rather inconvenient so can anybody help me with a solution. I still use win 98 and on the cd there is also no time-date file as far as I know. I hope somebody can help me.
    Bye Boud
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 25, 2004, 05:24 PM
    Once that you have filled in the date, the computer should remember it. It is not Windows, it is the motherboard that keeps the clock/calendar.
    If your computer 'forgets' it, then you battery is low. Replace it.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 30, 2004, 07:18 PM
    Definitely the CMOS battery on the motherboard. A new one costs right at about $10.00 if I remember correctly. I haven't replaced one in a while. It should be easily replaceable UNLESS your battery is the kind that is soldered to the motherboard. Then, you may as well replace the PC since it sounds pretty old anyway.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
    There is an echo around here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Date & time [ 3 Answers ]

::) How can you find out when a computer was last started and shut down.

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Date and time script [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know a script where I program in the dates and times and from say 8th January from 5.15 until 7.30 it takes you too page2 and after that it carries on taking you to the normal page then on the next date it does the same again so say the 12th from 8am-8.45. Thanks

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search