Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paquinjs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
    My service engine light is blinking and my car stalls and then starts back up.
    My 2006 Dodge Neon service engine light started blinking, the car stalls, and starts back up. What might the problem be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Check for codes. It might be, for example, a bad Crankshaft Position Sensor or Camshaft Position Sensor.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Usually a flashing check engine light means an emgine misfire so bad that the results could damage the catalytic converter.
    Have the codes read and let us know what those codes are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda civic, Check Engine Light Blinking [ 1 Answers ]

A few months ago maybe over a year. I changed the Spark Plugs on my 1999 Honda Civic and the check engine light came on. The car was driving rough and when I stop on red light the car makes even a rougher sound. A few days later my car went back to normal and I turn off the check engine light by...

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

When cold my car starts but stalls after a few minutes [ 3 Answers ]

When cold overnight my 92 Merc. 300SL starts but after driving for a few minutes it stalls. It then will restart and run fine for the rest of the day. I have had new fuel pumps installed, a recent tune up and many parts replaced e.g. Overload sensor, wiring harness, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks......

How to reset Airbag light flashes and Service Engine Soon light of 2001 Nisan Altima [ 0 Answers ]

After the engines has been serviced, how do you reset (turn off) the 'Service Engine Soon' Light and 'Airbag light' flashes on a 2001 Nissan Altima?

Car starts idles rough stalls or won't start? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 sunfire gt and the check engine ligh is on and it starts up then idles rough then stalls or doesn't start at all or when I give it gas it goes up to 2000-2500 rmps then bogs out then idles rough again but if I do get it running then it goes for like 5seconds then bogs and sputters and...

View more questions Search