Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarcB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Model 6425 american standard faucet base has a leak?
    How do you get the faucet off to replace the O ring? We have tried with everything I have in the house and can't budge the base to remove it. Water leaks out from the top of the base when the faucet is turned to the left side of the sink, but is fine turned to the right.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Hi Marc

Is this your faucet (see image)? If it is your faucet then is it leaking when you turn the SPOUT to the left? If so, you should just need to loosen that DOMED SLEEVE at the base of the spout to access the ORINGS needed here. If you are worried about damaging the dome you can purchase a STRAP WRENCH (see image) for real cheap at home depot/lowes and use that to loosen this up, OK?

I would wrap the dome with 5 wraps or so of DUCT TAPE and try using a pair of pliers to loosen 'er up... ;)

Let me know if this is on target or if we are talking about another faucet, OK?

Mark

PS: Pick up a little silicone GREASE to grease the new orings up... makes for a better job!
    Attached Images

MarcB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
    That's the faucet. Tried losing it with a channel lock. We'll try the strap wrench, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard single handle kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaky single handle kitch faucet by American Standard. I have managed to get the handle and the cover off but can't see the source of the leak. I can see it is not a ball or ceramic plate faucet so I assume it is a cartridge and that is what I am looking at (the cartridge), however I...

Removing american standard shower faucet? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very old (>15 years) american standard shower rotary control with temperature readout. Must remove and replace. Cannot remove handle. Set screw hidden. Need instrutions.

Fan on 1992 American Standard (Trane) doesn't work . Model # YCC018F1LOBA unit comes [ 1 Answers ]

1992 gas/electric heat pump fan will not blow. Model #YCC018F1LOBA

1966 American Standard shower faucet replacement parts [ 2 Answers ]

Have a shower faucet (American Standard) in house built in 1966. Hot and cold water do not mix properly. Trying to find parts or replacement as a new fixture would require replumbing the pipes. Any ideas?

Low hot water pressure in bathtub of american standard faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a American Standard single handle faucet in my bathtub, the cold water in both the shower and tub is fine. The hot water pressure in both the shower and tub is very low. Is there anything I can do on my own to get more pressure in the hot water. Thanks RH

View more questions Search