Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanne789 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Applying color after color corrector- too dark. How long do I wait to re-dye
    I have been dying my hair red for years. I wanted to lighten up the red color a shade or two so my colorist used a color corrector and then redosited a lighter red color after the corrector was shampooed out. The color ended up very dark & not red at all so we used the color corrector a second time. After the second time I had not red tone to my hair so my colorist added a light red shade for about 1 minute and washed it out. It didn’t pick up much red and now my hair looks lighter but not very much red. I am going to use color shampoo and rinse treatment to add some color. My real question is, if I wait a few weeks & recolor back to the red I have been using for years will it work normally or just get really dark like it did after we used the color corrector? I think it is just really porous and picks up color badly immediately after using a color corrector product. :rolleyes:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
    If your hair is in good condition, you can re-color it right away.
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 7, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Your suppose to wait two weeks then you can re dye or hair
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
    No, you don't have to wait two weeks. You can re-color your hair right a way if it's in good condition. For instance, if a person is not happy with their hair color results at the salon, the hairstylist won't wait two weeks to correct it. Once the hair is in good shape, they will re-color their clients hair the same day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Too dark of color [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. so on Saturday morning I dyed my hair a light/medium brown and put highlights in it. Of course my boyfriend told me the highlights look orangy.. so me being the genius that I am :D.. decided to buy DARK BROWN hair dye and dye it.. It came out SO bad.. it was streaky and diffferent colors and...

Hair Color with Henna Dye [ 5 Answers ]

I used Bigen #59 Oriental Black hair dye for about a year now. I loved the color, and I loved having the hair that was so soft and shiney. However, because the color fades, I end up having to reapply over the old to bring it to match the roots. I get tired of this, so I end up with roots about...

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

Way too dark hair color! [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I can do that won't kill my hair but that can get it lighter? My hair is normally medium-dark brown.

View more questions Search