Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
    No proof of Insurance-not at fault accident
    I live in Louisiana, I have an accident which wasn't my fault. The other driver was clearly at fault. She wasn't ticketed, but in the report it clearly stated that she was driving too fast, the speed limit was 25 and she was doing 40. She wasn't paying attention. I discovered that my insurance was drop. Is the other driver liable to pay for my damages or am I automatically at fault because I do not have insurance. Louisiana have No play-No pay law. I am for my passenger injuries or the other driver.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
    First Louisiana has some of the strangest laws, so check with an attorney is the best advice.

First no you are not automatically at fault for not having insurance. You need to make a claim against the other persons insurance, now they will see you don't have any and try to cheat you most likely, since if you had insurance, you could go to your own company if they don't selttle.

So you need to contact the other drivers insurance and file a claim
    bRITTANY1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle90
    I live in Louisiana, I have an accident which wasn't my fault. The other driver was clearly at fault. She wasn't ticketed, but in the report it clearly stated that she was driving too fast, the speed limit was 25 and she was doing 40. She wasn't paying attention. I discovered that my insurance was drop. Is the other driver liable to pay for my damages or am I automatically at fault because I do not have insurance. Louisiana have No play-No pay law. I am for my passenger injuries or the other driver.
    I had no insurance I guest she did but she was at fault she has no scraches on her car now her insurance company want to do an estimate on my car what does that mean do I get paid or do they take my DLS.
    bRITTANY1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First Louisiana has some of the strangest laws, so check with an attorney is the best advice.

first no you are not automaticly at fault for not having insurnace. You need to make a claim against the other persons insurance, now they will see you don't have any and try to cheat you most likely, since if you had insurnace, you could go to your own company if they don't selttle.

So you need to contact the other drivers insurance and file a claim
    so do you think they will take my license or maybe pay for thhe damage on my car
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bRITTANY1
    i had no insurance i guest she did but she was at fault she has no scraches on her car now her insurance company want to do an estimate on my car what does that mean do i get paid or do they take my DLS.
    Hello b:

If they're doing an estimate, that means they're going to pay for it.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bRITTANY1
    SO DO YOU THINK THEY WILL TAKE MY LICENSE OR MAYBE PAY FOR THHE DAMAGE ON MY CAR

Paying for the damage is a civil matter; taking away your License for uninsured driving is a criminal matter - two different things entirely.

One has no say about the other - could be they are estimating and then will disallow, will pay - you never know. The insurance company is at least giving the damage a "look see," so that's good.

Were you given a ticket (charged with the crime of driving uninsured)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this accident my fault? [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I was making a left hand turn and I was suppose to yeld but I didn't see this car and she cliped my back bumper is it still my falt if it was that back of the car oo and it was ice outside so she couldn't stop and that's why she hit me. :confused: :(

No-Fault accident do I pay? [ 3 Answers ]

I had just recently gotten my car and had not put insurance on it. I was driving it in the rain one night and came over a hill where a car was parked facing me in my lane on the road. I tried to stop but I slid into the car and damaged the door and fender on it. The police were called and I got a...

What Happens If Its My Fault In An Auto Accident [ 5 Answers ]

Question 1: OK if I don't have auto insurance and I hit someone who is insured and its my fault and the two children in the back seat of her car are injured but not seriously are not the drivers children can I be sued by both parties by the driver and by the parents of the children Question 2: ...

Proof of Insurance for a no-fault auto accident [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately, my insurance lapsed. I have witnesses that claim the accident was not my fault. However, since I did not have insurance at the time, I do not know what I may be liable for. If I can prove the accident was not my fault, will that mean I will not...

Not At Fault Car Accident, What's Next? [ 2 Answers ]

I was Recently In A Car Accident That was not my Fault The Other Driver Took Responsibility For The Accident, But I Have Yet To Hear From His Insurance Company Which He Has Yet To Inform Me Of. The Police Don't Even Know His Insurance Company Either. He Was A Government Official And Driving A...

View more questions Search