Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Stringer... I second J's suggestion. Many doctors are not going to be as up on breastfeeding as might be necessary. Unless they have a particular interest in gaining more experience and education on the topic, they will be able to cover the basics at best. An LC's training is specifically for helping with breastfeeding.

Keep us updated!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Also, the pediatrician would have more info on breast feeding than your sister's OB would have.

Check with the ped and/or the hospital.

I will be attending breast feeding classes next month. You just got me a little too early.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the red bump on my breast? Not a pimple... A growth? Breast cancer? HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Like its by the nipple and its red.. doesn't pop, not a pimple.. hurts to rub, but sort of numb to poke.. about size of a small pinki fingernail.. worried it might be harmful?

Weaning the child from breast to bottle [ 1 Answers ]

My Child is 5 months old. To get back to work, I want to wean him from breast to bottle. But he is not able/ready to take the bottle. How can I make him learn to take his feeds from bottle because bottle feeding would be easier for the care taker as compared to spoon feeding?

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

Plastic Bottle and Breast Cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I got an email saying that drinking bottled water kept in car in hot weather will cause breast cancer. Is it true. What chemical is causing breast cancer. I normally keep bottled inside my car. I am living in Middle East. During summer it reaches above 46 degree.

View more questions Search