Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corrinabella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Judgement served?
    I have been served papers for not paying a 3 month old hospital collection debt of 350.00 Scares me just a bit. Is this going to ruin my credit forever and/or does this judgement against us stay for a certain time.

Any advice or anwers?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
    A judgement can last for 20 years, possibly longer. And yes it will affect your credit, but it might not be that bad.

Why wasn't it paid?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Of course a unpaid bill being reported late and no paid each month can ruin your credit report, a judgement will just hurt it worst. Of course it is just 350, can you just not pay it?

Did you go to the hospital and talk to a advocate to try to get it reduced or to work out a payment plan. I was in the hospital last year and got them to write off over 3000 dollars in bills because of my lower income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to be served for a judgement in WA. State? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter owes a debt at a collection agency. She does not live with us but a process server came to our door and served the papers on my husband. They said that this is one of her known addresses so that is all they have to do. I thought the papers had to be served on my daughter. Is this...

Served for judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have been serve a judgement for a credit card I could not pay what can I do I can not afford this.

Judgement I was never served. Can they do this [ 2 Answers ]

I received a judgement from a credit card debt that was 6 years old. I never was subpoened. What do I do.

Civil judgement -never served [ 2 Answers ]

I have a civil judgement from 1999. I was never served papers pertaining to it. I was under the impression that civil judgements were only valid for 7 years. My bank received a restraining notice from attorney for the judgment creditor, I was given a copy after I realized my account was frozen. ...

Served Papers About a Judgement [ 12 Answers ]

I need advice. Yesterday I was served papers about a debt with a credit card company. It is MY debt. I was young and very dumb about my credit cards. Now they are catching up to me. I am broke. I honestly don't own anything. No savings, I rent, and my car is financed. I as of right now have 19 days...

View more questions Search