Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neha123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Abortion before marriage can be a secret or not
    Its been 4 years from my abortion. Now I am getting married to a different person. He thinks I am a virgin and is very sensitive regarding this issue. I am afraid if I tell him my truth, I will lose him. At the same time I am also afraid if he knows about this on our first night or else at the time of pregnancy. Kindly guide me, I want to know if he can find out this or not?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
    The only way to fix this is to tell the truth. It will come out at some point, the truth always does, and if you've kept it from him going into marriage it will only be worse. I'm sure he will be mad that you've lied to him, and maybe you will lose him. But if you don't come clean now it will be much worse when the truth does come out. What has happened before you were together shouldn't matter, but telling someone you're a virgin when your not is not fair to him. Is he a virgin?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
    How many people know, friends, family and more? I see no way it can be a secret.

What if after 2 years of marriage he finds out, how bad will it be then, he will truly think you have lied to him.

You need to tell him, should have been honest up front. Yes you may loose him, but that is ( sorry) your own fault for not being honest with him to start.
    ANGIE4124 Posts: 67, Reputation: 23

Feb 19, 2012, 09:21 PM
    I can understand wanting to keep an abortion private, but your virginity? Unless he is ridiculously dense about the female anatomy and you can find your virginity where you lost it before your wedding night; Id say you are starting your marriage on a falsehood and your chances of him not finding out are slimmer than an elephant going through a keyhole!

However, if he is sensitive in every aspect of the word, he may accept that it is a difficult uneasy subject for a woman to reveal. And it is out of fear, and judgement that you have not disclosed this to him sooner, but out of respect you will speak the truth and set yourself free from this burden.

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
    I don't understand why being a virgin is so important to him, unless this is a religious belief. But, since you did tell him that you're a virgin, when you're obviously not, he would have every right to be upset about this lie.

The thing is, you're planning on marrying this man, making a life with him. How can you expect to have a successful marriage that's built on a lie, even if he doesn't realize that you lied about being a virgin, you know the truth, and he has the right to know.

If you had told him this from the beginning he may have accepted it and dated you anyway. But you were never honest. Now's the time to be honest, to give him the chance to make a decision based on the facts, and not on lies.

Hopefully the two of you can work it out, but you do have to tell him, no matter what the consequences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). After 2 yrs got pregnant and again I aborted the child and got 3 yrs loop inserted. Last month I took of the loop. My husband still do not wants a child I do not have a single kid. 1: Is again putting Loop for 3...

Abortion before marriage? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am 24yr I got abrotion before marriage now I am going to get marry after marriage if I get pergnancy is that any change my come to know about the abortion?

Secret marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and a freshman in college... me and my boyfriend are engaged to be married next June but are thinking about going to the courthouse sooner and getting married... could we keep this a secret and still have our wedding in June or is there a legal issue with a second marriage?

Secret civil marriage now, Real wedding later? [ 2 Answers ]

Due to health care reasons and the fact that I will be overseas for the next year, My fiancé and I have decided to have a civil marriage before our church wedding. I know that you can have a blessing of a civil ceremony, but is it possible to have that religious ceremony be the same (to those...

Secret Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are planning our large wedding in New York for June. The thing is he was in the military and while he was active we secretively got married without telling any friends or family members. Now he is out of the military and we are planning a wedding. We are getting married in New...

View more questions Search