Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChickLittle Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
    What kind of tick is this?
    What kind of tick is this? I'm pretty sure it's a deer tick, but its hard for me to tell the difference. I found it attached to me around my waist band and I have a quarter sized red welt with a dark center at the bite site. I'm thinking and hoping this is just irritation from the bite. I'm a dog walker in Connecticut - the land of lyme disease and I've already been treated a few times for Lyme though I've only had really bad symptoms once. I'm so paranoid at this point, every achy bone or headache to me is a sure sign of lyme. I don't have insurance so just trying to save a couple hundred bucks and several weeks of horrible ABX if this is a dog tick. Thanks!
    Attached Images

Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Looks like a deer tick to me - they are usually lighter in the back end, while dog ticks are lighter closer to the head.
    deadpool09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Is deffinetly a deer tick have had multiple bites from them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is making my 7.3L tick. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1997 f-350 with a 7.3L turbo diesel. I just replaced 2 injectors #3. Now every time I rev to 2000rpms or beyond I have a ticking noise on the passenger side of the motor. But if I push in the clutch at any time while it is doing this it will stop. Do you have any answers for this or...

What kind of tick is this? [ 9 Answers ]

I got bit by a tick yesterday it was brown with a red dot. Can't find info on what type of tick it is

Mole, tick, or something else? [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I noticed a mole on my hubby's back that, quite frankly, I don't remember being there... neither does he. We are both kind of stumped over it. He thinks it could be a tick or a scab or some kind of bug bite or something of that nature. I think it could possibly be melanoma related....

Is it a tick ? [ 7 Answers ]

Today we went to a local park and spent quite a bit of time in the woods. This evening as I sat watching TV I felt something on my leg and looked down to see a little 'bug' on my thigh. It looked like a small spider with a round body. It was medium brown and had 8 legs, I believe. I was...

Tick [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, here we are in the wonderful summer in the US. And I am now living in the country with all its nature. But we have already had our first "TICK" attack. This time was on our pet cat, it was crawling and I could just pick it off. But what if it gets on to one of the family members and bites...

View more questions Search