Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slidewayz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 05:15 AM
    Ask a mechanical engineer?
    I'm trying to figure out the instantaneous torque required to wheelie my bike in order to develop gearing proper to roll on 2nd/3rd gear wheelies.
    In first - it will wheelie after 4k rpm with ease. Bike makes 63hp @ 7500, 47 lb*ft tq @ 5900. At 4k, its around 40 ft lb. With the gearing - 1st gear is 2.5:1, and final drive is 2.625:1. So first gear peak tq is 328 lb ft assuming no drive train losses.

Bike weighs 320lbs, I'm guessing CoG is 24" high. I weigh 180 with gear, my CoG on bike would be about 48" high. So together - roughly 30" high you have 500lbs CoG.
    Wheel diameter is 24.56" - so from center of wheel to CoG(total) is 24" across, and 18" higher.

From this can you calculate the req'd tq to wheelie and show me how you did the calculations?
    Thanks a bunch!

Check out some similar questions!

Ask mechanical engineer? [ 0 Answers ]

For my final year project in mechanical engineering I propose to design and build an apparatus consisting of a driven piston/cylinder and incorporate sensors to measure pressure and temperature against crank angle. I don't think I would have any problem with the mechanical side of the project, the...

Ask engineer mechanical? [ 0 Answers ]

ABOUT the non-overloading fan curve lets say backward curved fan how can I understand this with the third law of fans (power with flow rate)?

Insi of mechanical engineer(india) oreng ime is equvelnt to B Tech mechanical [ 0 Answers ]

Insi of mechanical engineer(india) ime is equvelnt to Regular B Tech mechanical engineering? After ime we can take addmision in M Tech in regular? Its very hard to clear all subject?

Ask a mechanical engineer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a hobby of making coin rings by tapping a silver coin around its circumference edge with a small hammer while I turn the coin on top of an anvil to flatten the edge until it reaches a desired width and diameter. Then I cut the center out and polish it. I need advice or an idea to make this...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.