Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aberg0520 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
    I think my friend is being sought by Satan
    My friend had some issues a few years back. He tried to kill himself with medicines and alcohol. And it worked but not for long. He came back. He said that while he was gone, he felt sad. Said it was the worst feeling he ever had in his life.
    Well a few months after that, he started seeing things he never saw before and was actually choked by "burning hands"
    Suicide means you go to Hell and I'm wondering if that him coming back to life means the devil is after him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Suicide of course does not mean you would "go to hell" people who do suicide are normally mentally unstable. It is the choices that we make in life ( sane) that decides what happens to do.

Also from a religious point, Satan either has you or God has you, and Satan has no need to come get a person. He is very happy having them here doing his work, or making their life painful.

It is much more likely he has had a deeper mental laspe and now feels things are out to get him. He sounds in serious need of professional help.

Feb 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
    He had a couple run ins with drugs. Though those times he had those paranormal run-ins, he was sober.
    He's a cool guy. It's been a few years since that suicide attempt. I'm sure if he had a mental problem, he wouldn't be marching indoor percussion with me nor functioning like a normal human being in general.
    He is credible. So that aside, what could explain these shadow figures coming from under his bed while one chokes him as he feels like he is falling for eternity to look at his clock and discover only a minute passed?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Many people have mental issues and appear to live a "normal" life. I don't have another explanation other than he needs psychiatric help.

Feb 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
    Wow never mind. The Internet is less useful than one thinks -_____- aren't you missing the point anyway? You keep attacking his "mental state" when uh duh I pointed out HE WAS HIGH when he tried to kill himself. Does that make him insane?
    Good grief why do I bother?

Feb 18, 2012, 11:01 PM
    Now I know why I bother: he's my friend. Honestly someone making a mistake doesn't make them mentally unstable. My best friend used to cut himself. This one in this post used to do drugs. Another friend of mine also OD on meds and I saw her this very night at my indoor competition. I really think you people don't get it. You attack one thing and see past other things just because you want the glory of trying to shoot someone down. To be a god.
    Pathetic. And I'm stupid too. I keep letting the incompetence of people get to my head! Maybe I need to see a doctor, not him. Because it seems to me that being human isn't normal in this world.
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 18, 2012, 11:43 PM
    No one is "attacking" anyone. I was not referring to the suicide when I said he needs help. I'm referring to him seeing things and thinking burning hands were choking him. We gave you honest answers even if they're not what you wanted to hear. You asked, we answered.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
    There's two issues really here. Fr_Chuck is right... Satan doesn't need to CHASE anybody down, he either has them or Christ does... it's not an active pursuit like you'd see in some horror movie. The other side of this is that demons WILL actively manifest like this. I believe what he experienced very well could have been real, not a mental issue. I have had a good friend experience choking from a spiritual force many times. There IS a spirit of suicide. It may be lingering nearby. That is a possibility.

And suicide does not mean you go to Hell. Yes, there are a lot of people that believe that, however the Bible never states it. That is an issue that needs to be left in God's hands, let's not make assumptions about a person't afterlife. He didn't "escape" the devil... but as I said, he may need deliverance from other demonic forces. Demonic manifestations or not, anybody who has tried to commit suicide needs prayer and Christian counseling. Would he be open to this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dream about Satan.. Uhmm help? [ 2 Answers ]

SO... haha yeah a dream with satan... the dream... ::::> I was in this college and it was a beautiful college, I walked into the indoor pool room which takes you to the girls locker rooms. I went into the girls locker rooms and I was alone.. I looked around and the whole room was gorgous... the...

Satan and his best friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I was hanging out on the sidewalk of a semi-crowded city street with four friends, just outside of Bearnos. Sitting at a table within the outdoors eatery was a HUGE (I'm talking tall for a Great Dane) slender black dog with a very sleek, shiny coat. It had red eyes with no irises or pupils- just...

Is it possible for satan to ever repent? [ 29 Answers ]

HI, In my 30 yrs. Of being a Christian I have only heard two people make a comment on the possibility of satan repenting. This troubles me to think that some Christians would ever entertain the thought. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with someone that is obviously confused about...

Was Satan the first freethinker? [ 7 Answers ]

He makes the Adams and Eves ashamed of their bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates them, stamps upon their mind the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging them to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge. Offers them freedom from the most jealous, the most vain, the most ferocious, the...

Satan [ 6 Answers ]

When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?

View more questions Search