Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgeorgio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
    New toilet over existing slab
    Am planning to install a toilet over an existing slab in an existing workout room, but am builing a floor 8 inches above the slab. Is this enough drop for the plumbing or will I have to jackhammer the slab to run pipe under the slab?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
    How far will it travel and where is it connecting?
    Have you considered an upflush system?all the plumbing is above the floor on that system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving an existing toilet closer to the wall [ 1 Answers ]

I might be trying to do the impossible, but I thought I'd ask you before asking a plumber so I wouldn't appear completely out of my mind. I live in a condominium building with concrete slab floors and would like to move my toilet back to create a little more space in the bathroom. Is there a...

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

Adding shower to existing lav over a slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to add a stall shower to an existing half bath. Over a slab... I have never done this before and considering doing it myself... I can sweat pipe and can do basic carpentry... I know I need to jackhammer the floor remove and tap into the toilet line... are there any special concerns...

Installing a toilet in concrete slab [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is a great forum. I was wondering if you could offer me some advice? I am converting part of my garage into a bathroom. I will be busting up the concrete and running a new 3'' pipe for the toilet. My question is regarding the vent. How far away can I be really? There is an existing...

Toilet install on slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a toilet flange onto the waste pipe coming out of the slab. The closet flange I purchased slides down around the outside of the waste pipe. My question is inorder to place the flange at the proper height above the slab, do I remove the concrete around the waste pipe so the...

View more questions Search