Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lajaab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Circulator pump not spinning
    I have an oil furnace plenty of oil and power to everything, but the circulator will not work. It hums when I turn the t-stat up. I would like to repair it. I cannot afford to replace it today -- and pay emergency service prices.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I don't know what kind of coupler you have to connect the motor to the pump but it is possible that the problem is there.
    Another possible is that something has lodged in the pump between the impeller and the side of the pump or maybe just the pump bearing is tight and needs some lubrication.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
    OIL furnace OR Boiler? A circulator is usually on a boiler. A blower is usually on a forced air furnace. No matter what the issue turn the electric off and oil the motor. Then rock the motor back and forth a few times. Then re energize the electric and see if the motor runs. If not then you will have to call for service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spinning on a skateboard [ 1 Answers ]

Yea I was wondering how you spin (on the ground) on a skateboard. I've been skating 4 about maybe five years and I can do pretty much any other old skool trik other than that. Its about balanc ei no but its weird for me 2 do, if you reply with an answer I'll tell you a cool move or something

Draining but not spinning [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Gold with Catalyst Washer and it isn't spinning at all. It appears to be doing everything else including agitating. What could be the problem? This is irritating!:eek:

Circulator [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing an outdoor furnace, should I use bronze or cast iron circuators?

View more questions Search