Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferlpn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
    He Wants To Raise His Own Kids.
    My boyfriend and I have been together for four years and we both have two kids. Without saying, he has made it very clear that he wants to raise his kids before we live together.

Because my children live with me, he comes to my house when he doesn't have his kids, although I do take my kids over there to see his. I invite him to be a part of my kids life but unless I'm present, and involved, then he really don't have much to do with them.

He has his kids 3/4 days a week, and then I don't see him or them. The only time I see them is if I initiate going over, or suggest going to do something. I have never been alone with his kids, other than him quickly running to the store. His 10year old daughter has a cell phone, and he don't want us to have each others number.

I'm very hurt by this, and we have discussed it. He says he wants us to all be together, but nothing ever changes. I really feel like I need to move on, but I do love him, and them, and we otherwise have a great relationship. I truly don't want to put the kids through a break up. I don't know what to do... any suggestions?
    armydan69 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 05:23 AM
    Sounds awfully fishy, either he doesn't have complete trust in you and trust that your relationship is going to go somewhere so he scared about getting his kids attached to you only to have their hearts broken, or something weird is going on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
    There has to be more to this, and maybe his ex and he have an agreement or something. Protecting his kids from undo influence from anyone other than he and his wife seems the most likely, or he wants to keep peace with the ex is also a guess.

I have known many females who are similar in that they will date, but not let anyone that close while the children are young, to not form attachments to their dates. Maybe he had a traumatic divorce. Not enough facts to know for sure, really. But 4 years should have shown you many reasons he is the way he is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 03:31 PM
    I will agree, sounds more like his ex is controlling this.
    valkman98 Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Mar 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
    I agree too,the ex is involeved and he doesn't want the noise from her.
    I have my kids most of the time,did the live in GF for a time and the ex drama was too much. Ask him if you feel it won't cause too much trouble. If he won't talk about it there maybe something up? Not enough info to say for sure. Good luck. Kids do make relationships hard sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask for a raise [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in my current position for a little over a year and I believe I deserve a raise, how should I go about asking for one. I am recent college graduate making only 22K a year for a full time Marketing/Administrative Assistant position.

I have 2 kids my kids mother is deceased, we had no custody papers, can I get my kids [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I have not been together for over 5 years and I would send money and see my kids when I can they live in California, I live in Texas. 3 weeks ago my ex was killed and now my kids who are 5 and 4 are with their grandmother right now, can I go get my kids. My ex and I had no custody...

Ask for a raise? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been work at a store located in north star mall in san antonio, TX for about 3 weeks and the minimum wage in Texas has gone up in July 24,2009 to $7.25hr. Im getting paid $7.00hr which below minimum wage. I was just wondering if I should ask the owner for a raise to meet the requirements of...

How to ask for a raise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been at my job for over a year and feel like I should ask for a raise but I'm not sure how to go about it. Anyone have any good books or anything to help?

View more questions Search