Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edholl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
    1099 C debt cancellation
    Do I have to pay taxes on a cancelled debt?

Check out some similar questions!

1099 c cancellation of debt. With a twist! [ 6 Answers ]

Back in 2007 my wife and I separated temporarily. During that time my wife purchased a home with a friend as the co-borrower. Several months later my wife and I reconciled and she moved back in. The friend agreed to stay in the house and continue with the mortgage on the new house. ...

Cancellation of debt- foreclosure [ 10 Answers ]

I have rec'd garnishment against my wages but did not know about it until my employer Deducted $ from my check.

Cancellation of debt [ 3 Answers ]

I sold a house in a short sale. The house had depreciate in value from 114,000 to 75,000. The house was sold for 82,000. The debt was canceled by the company for 32,000. The IRS now says was owe them 10,000 because the debt was canceled. We received no money on the sale of the home. Is there...

Debt Cancellation on a Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 my ex-husband and I decided to separate and move to different cities. In September of 2006 my ex-husband decided to sell our house through a short sale. I filed my taxes for 2006 on my own since we separated and I reported my wages for 2006 and received a refund. This year however I...

Cancellation of debt [ 3 Answers ]

Help- I have been disputing a debt on my credit report for three monthes. They have finally taken it off and I received a letter in the mail yesterday saying they were turning it in to the IRS. The amount of debt cancelled was 1805.55 and the interest is 0.00. However it says "do not report a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.