Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shantaAbraham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Stolen Idenity.
    Somebody stole my idenity also use my son's social sercurity number how could I find out who was it and what address it got send to?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
    If you know this as FACT, then report the event to the police and let them deal with it.
    That's what they get paid for after all.
    There is very little that you, as a private citizen, can do.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
    How did they steal your identity? Did you leave a passport somewhere and someone took it?
    How is your son involved in this? I know you say ss # but how did they get it ? This is information you should not be lax about and always keep close to your person at all times or locked up until you need it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Does this involve your income tax filing ?

But you don't find out, you report it to the police and you report it to the IRS if he has to do with income taxes. If it is income taxes,you w will have to file on paper ( not online) and provide proof of ID, and it will take 6 months or more for the IRS to investigate and correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be idenity scammed by giving someone my name and address? [ 2 Answers ]

Can some scam with having my name and address

Idenity theft [ 3 Answers ]

Someone stole my information to get credit cards in my name how do I know what credit cards are in my name or I get my address changed to make the credit cards sent to me.:mad:

Idenity fraud at work [ 3 Answers ]

A fellow employee called a national help desk, associated with our employer, identified herself as me, gave them my computer user #, and verified the last 4 digits of my social security # in order to have my password changed on one of many different computer programs at work. There is no financial...

Stolen passports [ 1 Answers ]

How does a portuguese migrant worker working in england, replace his portuguese passport which has been stolen and he has no record of its number?

View more questions Search