Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ablexus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Kenmore HD Washer overflowing
    I have taken the thing apart several times, the solenoids seem to be working on both the hot and cold sides, and the timer advances 90% of the time. The only time the timer advances is when the tub is filling; it just overflows. Is this the fill switch?

I took off the rubber hose and tried blowing in it from above. It is most definitely blocked by something. I poked a cotter pin down there but it still isn't clear. I'm now trying to take apart the tub but I can't pull the tub up over the agitator drive shaft. Please advise on what I should do next.

Serial # 110.81621100

Andrew
    ablexus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ablexus
    I have taken the thing apart several times, the solenoids seem to be working on both the hot and cold sides, and the timer advances 90% of the time. The only time the timer advances is when the tub is filling; it just overflows. Is this the fill switch?

I took off the rubber hose and tried blowing in it from above. It is most definitely blocked by something. I poked a cotter pin down there but it still isn't clear. I'm now trying to take apart the tub but I can't pull the tub up over the agitator drive shaft. Please advise on what I should do next.

Serial # 110.81621100

Andrew
    Well, I ended up just taking a bike pump and pumping it down into the hose from above. Eventually, whatever had been stuck in the igloo got popped out. My washing machine works good as new.

This forum has a long way to go. Half of the questions here go completely unresponded to. I expected some sort of response, but got nothing and had to use my own sheer ingenuity to come up with a solution.

Good luck and good bye.

Andrew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my washer machine overflowing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 yr old washing machine that does not shut off once it is filled up? It sometimes does turn off but recently I have even put it on a small load and the water still runs when it goes into the next cycle? Is it some type of sensor that needs to be fixed? Is it an east task and should I try...

Why is my washer machine overflowing? [ 2 Answers ]

What make and model? Yes, there is a sensor. But we need more info

Water Overflowing over Washer Standpipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2" PVC standpipe that is 33" tall. It feeds into a 2" P trap (cast-iron) connected to a 2" T. The top of the T is the vent pipe, and the bottom is connected to the sewer line. Using a garden hose, I can open it at max, with no overflow. I ran a snake into the cast-iron P trap (and as far...

Washer drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

The drain that my washing machine overflows during the rinse cycles. We have replaced the pipe and snaked the main pipe (metal pipe where pipes drain to). I have a Sear washer (older 12 yrs model) and it says it requires a 34" in standpipe with diagram showing 34" from floor to top of pipe. We used...

View more questions Search