Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Feb 16, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Can you recommend a mail-order software for a bookstore?
    Hi! I have a small bookstore and recently decided to go online with my sales.

I'm trying to find a software that will help me keep track of orders, and customer addresses.

I know I can do a lot of that from scratch, but I just wonder if there is any SIMPLE software--maybe even freeware--to do that.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 17, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Are you gong to actually do the sales on line or have the customers call and do a phone order?
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Feb 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Online, but I don't have a credit card/PayPal setup yet. They "place the order" online, make a deposit to the store's account, then send me a scanned image of the deposit slip. Then I ship.

I've already filled several orders this way, but I want to find a better way to handle the information than just a bunch of emails and word files.

Any suggestions of a software or any other recommendations for the business? (Though you have to keep in mind that this is Mexico, so some things are different).

Thanks!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Zen cart is free on most hosting accounts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What software you recommend? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm creating business forms and I was using excel (these will be printed forms, so on paper only) but I can't figure out if excel offers option for text fields to have those vertical lines, one small space for each letter? If not, what software would you recommend?

What software would you recommend for a first year preparer? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to get recommendations by experience tax preparers as to what tax software to use in my first year in the business.

Mail Order Catalogs [ 13 Answers ]

So, I just moved into my new house and need some new reading material in the mail. What are you favorite catalogs to receive in the mail?

Recommend Best Free AV & Anti-Badware Software [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently running Computer Associates Security Suite 2007 provided free by my ISP (Roadrunner). I haven't had any problems in the past, but they just released a new virus definition which almost crashed my PCs. They are running so slow now that I can barely open a file. In 9/08 and 6/09...

Software for mass e-mail to 6ooo receipents [ 2 Answers ]

We R Ngo Working For Cause Of Vidarbha(india) Farmers And Daily Send Our Press Realease To Morethan 6000 Receipants ,need Soft Ware To Send Mail To These All Receipant In One Stroke,pl Help Regards, Vidarbha Jan Andolan Samiti

View more questions Search