Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdmyers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I just replaced the cold water stem in my shower, and it STILL leaks. What ?
    I had previously replaced the hot water stem without a problem. I'm not sure what to do next.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Hi Bdmeyers

Pull the stem out and run some cold water out of the valve with the stem out (put towel over valve)... see if it clears any debris/sediment that could be getting caught under the stem washer.

If that is not the issue then the next step would be to replace the SEAT that the washer of the stem sits against... ;)

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced shower faucet stem [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced a american standard 11K-3H/C faucet stem and barrel. It is leaking. The valve opens (twist the handle to the left) but when twisting the handle to close and turn off water the handle will continually turn left does not stop.. any ideas?

Moen Shower cartridge replaced, now only cold water flows [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I removed and replaced a shower single knob cartridge. I believe it was the 1225 but packet was a return at Home depot so wondering if I have the right cartridge. (Yes I chucked out the original cartridge so can't compare with new one now) The valve originally was leaking, so...

Replace cold water valve stem in shower [ 1 Answers ]

How hard is it to replace my cold water valve stem in my shower

Replaced hot water stem in shower and now no water. [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the hot water stem in my bathtub and I got it changed out and when I turned the water on nothing. Took it off and turned the water on and water sprayed out and again I put it on and nothing. I am a complete novice with this, there is another piece that came with the stem...

View more questions Search