Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pawl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Windows XP Startup Problems
    My son has managed to mess up his PC so that now when he turns it on, Windows begins to load like normal and then after a few seconds cuts to a black screen with white type apologizing that things didn't go as planned and offering a few options to correct the matter, like reverting to the last time things went normally, rebooting, safe mode. etc. none of which work. Someone suggested he may have "changed the order"?

Sound familiar? Any advice on how to correct the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawl
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Go into safe mode and do a System Restore to a date when it worked correctly.
    As sson as you get into Safe Mode you will have a pop up which will guide you through the process.
    This should do the trick.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 17, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Yep, safe mode should do it. Press F8 repeatedly just before the Windows XP screen appears and then select "restart".

Or have I got that backward? Last time I did it, I clicked restart and then pressed F8 :-)
    Anyhow, don't worry. Everything should still be intact.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
    If you press f8 to enter safe mode and it does desamething try to repair the window
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
    First I would try the option " to start the computer when things worked normall then go to the option of safe mode and system restore, these steps will get you back up

Once in safe mode, click start, programs, go to accessories, then system tools, and click on system restore and choode restore the system to an earlier time, choose a date that you know the PC worked without problem, wait and computer will reboot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda accord lx startup problems [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to add that I also am having trouble with my honda accord starting up. I got a honda accord LX 1998 with over 119.000 miles, and just within a few months ago, I began having the trouble of not being able to start the car right up, specially when it is hot outside. I have been...

No video on startup of windows XP(home) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently encountered a problem with my video on a Sony VAIO laptop. The viewable area of the screen became much smaller and srrounded by black. Being a genius I decided to fix the problem and disabled the driver to reinstall it. Subsequently my computer locked up. Upon reboot the VAIO screen...

Windows Startup Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I'm trying to help my sister with her computer because she can't get online. When she turns her computer on (windows 98) she gets a message stating that there is a windows startup error. It says "try loading SBEINIT.CO before SMARTDRV.exe or minimizing VDISK".How do we do this and what caused...

Windows 2000 startup services [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ASP application installed on IIS, using MS SQL server on windows 2000 server. Sometimes if server restarts and it is not given a login id and password the server allows opening of ASP pages, retreival of data on the application but if a new record is saved, it gives error and it does not...

View more questions Search