Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Puppies don't need a raw diet

Like I stated at least 5 times.. Puppies need a balanced puppy food. That's IT

When they are older, than consider the holistic, organic or raw diets.

If you decide to go with a raw diet, consult with a nutritionist that specializes in dog diets. Raw diets are very incomplete if you don't. Dogs get all their vitamins that they need from eating the intestines of other animals. Feeding them just raw meat and carrots isn't going to provide that.

Keep them on puppy food. They don't need raw diets or ultra holisitic/organic diets. They need to grow. That's it. And that's what a balanced, commercial puppy food is going to provide.

The vet I work for does not recommend raw diets due to the dogs getting the same diseases that we get, such as E-coli. If you don't do it right, your dog can get VERY sick.

Switching diets from kibbled food to raw meat is going to give you gastric upset. Stop doing it. Stop trying to switch your dogs food every couple of days. Let them GROW.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
    A "like" and a comment - I was just sending you a PM, looking for your last post on feeding raw, when you posted.
    jddiesel3447 Posts: 28, Reputation: -1

Mar 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Most animals as you know are shot up with all kinds of crap, and my vet would never put anyone's pet in a unsafe condition, and the stomach acids of a dog, is much different and stronger than a humans, and boiling their food will help with the harmful diseases, and don't be so aggressive when people ask questions, you didn't repeat anything 5xxx cause, I didn't ask the same question twice, if you don't want to answer nor help its fine,
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jddiesel3447 View Post
    Most animals as u know are shot up with all kinds of crap, and my vet would never put anyones pet in a unsafe condition, and the stomach acids of a dog, is much different and stronger than a humans, and boiling their food will help with the harmful diseases, and dont be so aggressive when people ask questions, u didnt repeat anything 5xxx cause, i didnt ask the same question twice, if u dont wanna answer nor help its fine,

I'd like to know more about the "shot up with all kinds of crap" statement.

I've had dogs all my life. I may not agree with some of their recommended vaccinations but I do understand why they are required.

Which vaccinations are you talking about?

Do you also boil your children's food? I think it's a fair question, particularly if dogs have "stronger" stomach acid and can digest more easily than children.

Mar 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Hello take a second and read what is being written, I was talking about raw diet, the chickens, cows, turkeys, pigs your following me right? Are injected with growth hermones so they can make weight, lose your attitude then don't help me anymore, you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, thanks for nothing if I wanted to argue or disagree, I can do so on Facebook.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Than buy organic meats

Boiling the meats ruin the vitamins and mineral. The raw diet means you are literally feeding raw foods, not cooked.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jddiesel3447 View Post
    Hello take a second and read what is being written, i was talking about raw diet, the chickens, cows, turkeys, pigs ur following me right? Are injected with growth hermones so they can make weight, lose ur attitude then dont help me anymore, u dont have a clue what im talking about, thanks for nothing if i wanted to argue or disagree, i can do so on facebook.

Look up the meaning of "raw." It means "uncooked." I think I do have a clue what you're talking about I don't know if you are talking about feeding raw or feeding boiled. Which is it?

You are looking to change their diet after YOU posted: "but u were right he went to the vet today for his shots, and he said why change if the food is working." You also posted: "I think puppy pro pac lamb and rice, stands up to those high priced fancy dog, and puppyfoods" - and then ASKED about pro pac lamb/rice. - ?

Why are you changing it?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Boiling chicken will not remove growth hormones. I'm not sure about US standard but where I live that practice is illegal so I know all our meat is hormone free. If you buy organic as Lucky suggested then there's no need for cooking.

Also to echo Lucky, switching between meat and kibble on different days will upset the dogs stomach, you will probably find your dog has a lot more gas on the days you feed meat (particularly red meat).

When feeding raw (not cooked, totally raw diet) the dog is fed only raw foods, meat and vegetables. The diet is fed for 6 days then the dog fasts for a day (so Monday - Saturday is meat and Sunday is no food at all).

Raw diets can be tricky so I can understand why you are feeding kibble as well, but if you are going to do so then you need to keep it consistent. Meat AND kibble every day not one or the other.

Mar 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Hello all, I'm feeding my pups a food called Black Gold, its grain free, and the numbers are 25-14, are these numbers good enough, just curious.

Mar 29, 2012, 03:23 PM
    Hello I'm giving my 10 week, 11 week old pitbull pups Black Gold dogfood puppy, the rartio is 32-28, want to switch to a grainfree same dogfood, ratio is 28-20.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 07:01 AM
    Why do you insist on switching your dogs' food?

Mar 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
    Do any of u read, b for u respond? It's the same food just grainfree, hello Black Gold foods.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Jddisel, if you want to change your dogs food, then consult either a nutritionist for animals or your vet.

Its apparent that you are unsatisified with keeping your puppies on the same diet without having to screw with it.

I'm done giving you advise. You claim to be an avid dog owner.. I would think you would know how to feed them.

You're manipulating your dogs way too much...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a hedgehog [ 4 Answers ]

My question is when can I bathe him? I only got him for 2 days now. But he is about 7 weeks old now. Is it okay to bathe him this soon or should I give a while longer.

Is bathing a puppy often okay? [ 9 Answers ]

My puppy is always getting into things and getting dirty. When I got Him he smelt like manure so I bathed him, then he rolled in poop so I bathed him, yesterday we went for a hike through the forest and he must have rolled in something dead because he STUNK, so he got a bath, I just woke up and he...

Sex without bathing? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband sometimes travels, and we would plan ahead as to what I should do to him, what should I wear, etc... But the weird thing is he asks me not to bathe. I do not have body odour but I still feel a little self conscious because I usually bathe with hugo boss shower gell, wear lots of jasmine...

Bathing a beagle [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to try to bath our beagle, no problem. I have been told that his anal glands must be empty. How do I empty them?

Bathing puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old morkie puppy... when I give him a bath I only use shampoo is that OK?

View more questions Search