Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Motherofmany Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Car accident in NY State
    How long is an appropriate time for the other person Ins company to contact you?

Daughter was involved in an accident( NY) first week of February, I am the Registered Insured /owner of the vehicle,she is listed as driver on my policy.
    Other driver Failed to yield the ride of way.(according to Police report)
    I contacted my Ins company the day it happened.(Only have basic coverage)
    After waiting 10 days & no contact,I contacted the other parties Ins company.
    Gave them all the info & they spoke with my daughter.
    Still nothing week later !
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
    A week is a reasonable time to follow-up
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Personally after about 3 days I would be on the phone to them, After a week I would not even be nice about my calls. After 10 days I doubt the kids would be allowed in the room if I called.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non fault accident without car insurance in the state of Ohio [ 6 Answers ]

If I was in a car accident in the state of Ohio that was NOT my fault but my car insurance had lasped so I wsa not covered at the time of accident. Does that mean that the other drivers insurance will not pay for the damages?

Car Accident Totaled My Car.. Insurance Paid Out Low Blue Book Can I? [ 2 Answers ]

I was rear-ended Recently That The Insurance called a total lost on my car.. The insurance company paid me out on the low blue book On My vehicle.. The other party's Insurance has not made contact with me... I have to purchase another vehicle... I found a vehicle to purchase but the cost is...

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Can my car be sold to pay for accident my child had in my car in Alabama [ 3 Answers ]

Can my car be sold to pay for damages to a car my daughter hit. She took us to court I was not able to go I am disabled. I spoke to person and told her I could pay her a small amount each month but she said no. I am still on disability so what can I do?

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

View more questions Search