Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juju88jk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
    A test rocket is launched by accelerating it along a200m incline at 1.25m/s2 starting
    A test rocket is launched by accelerating it along a200m incline at 1.25m/s2 starting from rest at PointA. The incline rises 35 degrees above the horizontal, and at the instant the rocket leave it, its engines turn off and it issubject only to gravity (air resistance can be ignored). Find(a) the maximum height above the ground that the rocket reaches,and (b) the greatest horizontal range of the rocket beyond pointA.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 08:54 AM
    To do this you need to:

1. Find the vertical and horizontal components of the rocket's velocity when it leaves the track. Its velocity can be found from v^2 = 2ad. It's horizonal and vertical components are found by applying the appropriate sine and cosine values for 25 degrees.

2. The max height can be found from v_2^2 - v_1^2 = 2ad. Here v_2 = 0 (at max height the rocket is neither rising nor falling), v_1 is the initial vertical component of velocity, and a is -g. This gives you the height it rises above the ramp - you should add the height of the ramp to get the total altitude above the ground.

3. Find the time it takes to reach max altitude, then fall from that altitude. You can use v_2 = v_1-gt to calculate time to reach max altitude. Then add to that the time it takes to fall from max altitude, using h= 1/2 g t^2

4. Finally, the horizontal distance covered can be found from d = (v_h)t, where v_h is the rocket's horizontal velocity and t is the total time that you found in step 3.

Hope this helps. Post back and show us your work and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If the concentration of NaCl is 0.25M, calculate [ 1 Answers ]

If the concentration of NaCl is 0.25M, calculate a.how many moles of NaCl there are in 20mL of the solution 0.005mol b.what volume of the NaCl must be taken to contain 0.1mol of NaCl. 0.4L Are these are correct? Thnk you :)

Remix whoomp there it is low want to be starting something [ 1 Answers ]

Keep hearing a remix on the radio and would like to know who did / how to buy it - it has a bit of Tag Teams Whoomp There It Is, a bit of Flo Ridas Low, a bit of Michael Jacksons Want to Be Starting Something and some other older songs - does anybody know this ?

Starting a Weedeater blower [ 1 Answers ]

My gas Weedeater blower won't start. I checked the spark plug and it looks good. Please give me some suggestions?

90 Honda 1.5 won't stay running more then 5 miles.. Have to wait 24hrs before starting [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a 1990 Honda civic LX 1.5 duel injection. I been trying to trouble shoot for 3 months now.. It started intermittently dying and would always restart. Ive replaced the Fuel Main Relay, The distributor, The Fuel pump, Both the main and aux fuel injectors, Spark plugs, Distributor cap and...

View more questions Search