Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaun32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Can I obtain a divorce by posting it in the newspaper?
    I want a divorce and don't have the money for the lawyer fees nor the paperwork! Can I obtain a divorce by placing a add the newspaper?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
    No you cannot. You need a court order to be able to serve by publication, which would require you to spend the money to file for divorce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce through newspaper ad? [ 3 Answers ]

I married a lady that had been married a couple times before. Unbeknown to me she had not divorced the others. We have been separated for two years or more. I need to know if I need to divorce her since she was never divorced before or what. Bryan

Posting an ad in newspaper to get divorced [ 2 Answers ]

How long do I have to post an ad in the newspaper for it to be considered abandonment so I can get divorced? He refuses to sign any papers or even file. I don't have the money to hire an attorney. We do have a daughter but she is living with his sister and she currently has guardianship so custody...

Divorce by newspaper ad. [ 3 Answers ]

What are the steps I have to do to get a divorce by placing an ad in the newspaper? What type of newspaper should I post it in, a local or regular national one?

Newspaper divorce [ 4 Answers ]

Could you please tell me exactually how I go about getting a divorce by running an ad in the paper?

View more questions Search