Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amarti848 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
    Job for felons
    Hi I was wanting to go to school for.acounting but I have a felonly charge for distrabution of marijuana what is The likely hood of me getting a job and will I ever be able to get a cpa license. And I live in Colorado where u can't get it expunged. If its not a good career choice what would be a better one
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
    CPA licensing is done by state. I think most if not all states don't give licenses to felons. Have you tried to get it reduced rather than expunged? (Or was it a lot, or near a school.. )
    You could study/work at accounting for now and also work on changing marijuana laws.
    It couldn't hurt, because you could start your own business eventually, and the knowledge will be good to have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job For Ex Felons? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! My husband has a felony on his record from 8+ years ago from a different state. He is having such a hard time finding a job because that always shows up. Anyone know of companies hiring ex felons inn the Chandler,AZ and surrounding area? Were having a hard time meet with on one income and a...

Trucking Job for Felons [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1 felony that is 5 years old and I'm a recent grad. I'm having a hard time finding a company that will hire me any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.:cool

Job opportunities for Felons [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Everyone: I have been reading the posts on here and I see a lot of intelligent questions and answers, so I thought I would post my own. I did something stupid, took money that wasn't mine, and got a four-month sentence ending July of 2007. It was with a federal agency so there is no...

Felons trying to get a truck driving job [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 22 felon and I am trying to find a company that will hire me fresh out of school.

View more questions Search