Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard_Parker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Can I run a 2 lamp fixture with a 4 lamp ballast?
    I recently bought some Lithonia fixtres from HD with GESB electronic ballasts. They don't
    Physically hum but do cause a lot of interference with FM reception. Since I do a lot
    Of FM tuner alignments, these were unacceptable. I phoned Lithonia (actually Accupro - the
    1-800 number is right on the ballast), told them the problem and they offered to send me some new ballasts that would solve the problem. The new ballasts arrived today but they
    Are for 4 lamp fixtures and mine are 2 lamp fixtures. There is a note on the ballast to
    "cap 1 blue wire for 3 lamp use"... But what about 2 lamp use? I don't really want to send
    Them back if they will work. Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 03:43 AM
    You can try it, may work, but violating the UL listing, and it may overdrive the working lamps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to wire a 2 lamp fluorescent fixture [ 3 Answers ]

I need to wire a 2 lamp fluorescent fixture I need it to be wired for 1 bulb only is it possible

Can you run a 250w hps lamp in a fitting with a 400w ballast [ 1 Answers ]

Can you run a 250w hps lamp in a fitting with a 400w ballast

Cannot Reset Lamp Timer Following New Lamp Insatllation [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced LCD lamp in my panasonic TV (pt-44lcx65). I get a message on my screen to reset timer and the lamp light on the front of the TV is still on. The replacement buld is a dlp (bp96-00224j). The instructions that came with the lamp refer me to the manual for timer reset and the manual refers...

How do I fix a 3-way lamp fixture? [ 8 Answers ]

I accidentally moved the lamp oneday; not knowing that it was 3-way it came on but some how or another I move it again and it has not worked since the. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks tj

Fluorescent lamp vs ballast [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fluorescent ceiling fixture with two circular lamps and two separate ballasts. One of the lamps is not longer lighting. Is there any way to determine which element (lamp or ballast) is defective? I have used a continuity tester to check out incandescent lamps but am not sure how to do...

View more questions Search