Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonus Mom Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2004, 04:43 PM
    Will collectors go after ex wife if husband declares bankruptcy?
    She has a car that is financed in his name and numerous bills in his name as well as hers. Will they continue to go after her after my husband decalres bankruptcy?
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2004, 06:53 PM
    She is your husband's ex?
    He is your husband?
    Even after bankruptcy, "he" will be chased. For bills where his name figures on.
    And for the alimoney - if any.
    Bonus Mom Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2004, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by urmod4u
    She is your husband's ex?
    He is your husband?
    Even after bankrupcy, "he" will be chased. For bills where his name figures on.
    And for the alimoney - if any.
    Why would they continue to go after him even after he declares bankruptcy? Then what is the point of declaring bankruptcy? Yes he is my husband, no their is no alimoney, or child support (we have custody) and yes she is my husbands ex. I don't understand why someone would declare bankruptcy if the bill collectors still come after you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If someone files bankruptcy, and then finds out a rich relative dies and is in line for an inheritance, how will that affect the bankruptcy proceedings.

Info for Bottle Collectors [ 1 Answers ]

Just found a milk bottle dated 1911. I've got many dozens of old bottles, 95% of which have been found at 1. Former bottle dumps. Look just past old fence lines of properties. Back in the old days when all trash was burned, folks would dump their bottles over the fence "out back". If...

Being threatened by debt collectors [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother baught a car and it ended up being repo'd. That was over a year ago.Now there is a company and she isn't sure if it's a law firm or a collection company.The letter she has says both it says that she now owes 9000.00 on the car.She is also getting calls from them every day.They are...

View more questions Search