Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarakirk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Why is my boyfriend ignoring me?
    Okay so my boyfriend has been in the hospital for 6 days because his appendix burst. He just got home and he texted me and we talked for a few texts and then he said he was going to get some sleep and he would text me later. Later that nigght he never texted me and I saw him commenting on things on fb so I tried to called him and he ignored my call. He texted me after that and said he doesn't want to talk to anyone because he wasn't feeling good. The next day I went to visit him and everything was perfectly fine and when I left his house he said he would text me and he never did. I texted him 4 times throughout the rest of the day and he never replied. I tried to call him the next day and no answer. So I texted him and asked why he would never answer my texts and he replied and said he was sleeping. So I said "I texted you 4 times yesterday and you never replied." And he said "I just don't want to talk to anyone." What do I do? I'm his girlfriend shouldn't he want to talk to me? :( :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:24 PM
    You are being WAY too clingy and needy. Let the poor boy recover and get his rest. I'm sure he has other friends. If you continue down this needy path, he's soon to be your ex boyfriend.

Feb 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Thanks that's the best advice I've heard all day
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
    You need time to be apart to appreciate the times you have together.

Feb 13, 2012, 05:35 PM
    But it just hurts that he doesn't want to talk to me. I'm his girlfriend shouldn't he want to? When I saw him yesterday he was perfectly fine and acted like he usually does
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
    He shouldn't HAVE to talk to you all day every day. If you are his girlfriend you will understand that he has other things to do in his life, right now is recovery from surgery, than text you constantly.

One sign of a healthy relationship is giving your partner time to do things they like without you.

Feb 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Yes but he won't text me AT ALL.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Because you are texting him too MUCH! Boys don't like to text as much as girls do.

Feb 13, 2012, 05:49 PM
    No we texted nonstop before this. I guess its why its so weird
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:52 PM
    His appendix burst. He's in pain. He needs to recover. I know that when I'm feeling sick I don't want to talk to anyone, or see anyone.

Let him get his rest. Show him that you understand that right now texting all day is not something he's up to, and you don't expect him to make himself uncomfortable just to make you happy.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2012, 06:08 PM
    My boyfriend lives with me, and even so there are still times he doesn't want to talk to me. Sometimes he's in a bad mood, or he's working on homework, or hanging out with his friends or spending time with his family. Sometimes he's just not in the mood to talk. Don't take it personally, it's not about you. So don't make it about you or it WILL be, and then he will ignore you because of YOU not because of another reason. J-9 is right, give him some space. As wonderful as it would be, you are not the entirety of his world. Just because he has a cell phone, and he has it on him all the time, doesn't mean he needs to be on it all the time. That's the terrible thing about cell phones, and I'm guilty of this too. You EXPECT that person to answer, or text you right away. You think you should be able to reach them where-ever or when ever. Think of it this way, If you guys didn't have cell phones, or computers you'd only see him in person. If he's not acting weird in person, then you guys are fine. Don't think too much about it. And don't get mad at him for not being so quick to talk to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend Is Ignoring me.. Help! [ 3 Answers ]

O.K, so I was helping my friend with her love life over Facebook (we were having a metaphorical conversation, so nobody would know who its about) and I said that I fell in love for the wrong reasons once, and it was about a guy in my past.. Well, my boyfriend saw it and he thought it was about him,...

Why is my boyfriend ignoring me? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just recently started working in the bank and I meet this cute guy I wasn't interested but he was becaused my friend noticed it first. The guy is my managers brother and they live together. We startd going out to places and buying each other gifts. All of the sudden after we had done like...

Why is my boyfriend ignoring me... [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 2 months and he is the best ever. Need I mind you I met him on xbox 360. I know its crazy but he said he just fell in love with me. I get to visit next summer and that's in June, we talk a lot, but now its just slowly stopping, and he is ignoring my...

Why is my boyfriend ignoring me? I don't understand why.. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend seemed to have a perfect relationship, he'd always send me these sweet messages on how much he was glad to have me and how much he missed me and loved me, and hed always call me, and I felt so loved and everything felt so perfect, but ever since he came to see me Friday night,...

Why is my boyfriend ignoring me [ 2 Answers ]

Now I am 21 yrs old girl. I happened to meet my school junior, a guy in a social networking site in holidays, and started to do friendship with him. After a few days he was little attracted to me and proposed one fine day. I was impressed by the way he was and accepted and after that he was so...

View more questions Search