Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyyyG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 11:14 PM
    Relationship help?
    Hi,
    I have known this guy since 6th grade. We have seen each other randomly after that, and well we started talking in high school. We hung out once and had a good time, he would stare at me, and try flirting with me. Recently I told him I wanted him to forget about me because well I wanted to see his reaction. He got mad.

I went to his house yesterday and said sorry, and wrote him a long letter telling him I liked him and stuff like that. He said thank you and we talked, and then he had to leave. He hasn't texted me or called to say anything. After we hung out a while ago, he talked to me about hookups and stuff like that could be an option for us if we both agreed on it.

But I noticed after what I said to him about forgetting about me, he hasn't acted the same or texted even. So yeah, he is very confusing, and I don't know if he likes me. I really don't know what to do? I feel like I've don't everything I could have done.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
    That's what happens when we play games with the feelings of others. They loss interest, and respect. I know you didn't intend to, but telling someone something to see, or get a reaction, instead of being honest, is a GAME!

Now that you know, back away from him and no hook ups. They will not win his heart either, and I think you have lost trust and opportunity. The lesson to take from this experience is that honesty has its rewards, and games have consequences.

Don't chase him for his attention.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Tal said exactly what I was going to say. If someone did that to me I'd actually forget, because that's stupid. I don't play those games. You showed him that you play games, so now all he wants to do is "play around" He doesn't take you seriously anymore and I'm sure he sees you as an opportunity to have his cake and eat it too, so to speak. Obviously this was not your intention, I know you were probably curious, but some things you shouldn't test just because you can. I'm going to repeat Tal and say NO HOOK UPS, because this is how he will see you from now on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Needs relationship help! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend went out for three years but right around the 3 year mark we had a rough patch and decided he wanted some space, so we were apart for about 2 months but during this 2 months he ended up going out with this other girl ( who was tottaly diff from me, someone who was...

How do you let go of a relationship that is going nowhere? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 years, for the last 17months I have lived in my own apartment,sort of a trial separation. I never stopped making love to him and never attempted to meet other men. The reason for the separation was my boyfriend has at least 30 people over everyday visiting, I...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search