Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polo12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
    My Ex's part in my daughter's marriage
    I have been divorced over twenty years. My ex-husband remarried and I didn't. He had very little to do with our two children after the divorce, he even moved out-of-state, and often ignored Christmas and birthdays.

Three years ago, my son got married and at that time my ex made a reappearance. Since a baby boy was born, it is hard to keep he and his wife away. My son seems to have forgotten that he was ignored during his adolescence and has apparently forgiven his father for cheating and then disappearing.

My daughter has not. She wants as little as possible to do with her father and his wife, and although she is polite when in their presence, does not go out of her way for them.

She is getting married at the end of May and wanted her brother to walk her down the aisle. He said no, it was his father's place to do that. My daughter and her father really don't even know each other (his choice during her childhood - her choice now). What are the alternatives?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
    First of all, I'm very sorry that her brother turned her down. That's quite selfish on his part since he must realize she doesn't want much to do with her birth father. He should respect her wishes, and not push "dad" on her but that's just my opinion.

The only alternative I can imagine is for your daughter to ask someone else to walk her down the aisle. In no way should she feel obligated to ask "dad". Its quite common now for mom's to walk their daughters. Perhaps you'd be the best person for the job. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter's Father wants to be a part of her life now. [ 3 Answers ]

In all of my previous posts I have talked about my daughter's father and child custody and support issues. Well, the other day my daughter's grandfather called me and told me that my daughter's father sent him a letter to send to me. I read the letter and he told me that he has been being a coward...

My daughter's Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, may I know which month and year my daughter will get married? She is 19 now. Kind Regards

Marriage still on the rocks part 2 [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys got some more questions. Ok, almost 3 weeks ago my husband of 18 months told me he felt he would be happier if he was single. We are both 25 and have been together for almost 10 years. I found out 1 week before he told me this that he and my best friend had been texting each other for 2...

The Miracle of Love: How to make your marriage work?Part 1 [ 12 Answers ]

You and your spouse may have different love languages. There are five love languages which I am sure will help any married couple once your husband know and understand your love langauge and once you know and understand his love language. The five love languages are: 1. WORDS OF AFFIRMATION-...

View more questions Search