Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tita_C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Accounting
    I am trying to do a classified balalnce sheet and there is not cash balance and I have to find the cash amount and balance the sheet. Can someone give instruction on how to start this balance sheet preparation. I am just trying to figure out how to start it off. Do I do a trail sheet first or a T account. Totally lost.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
    All accounting drafting starts with a trial balance. Now do you have the balance of the equity account. Isolate the revenue items, the balance of which will ultimately be added to the equity account and what remains should be the items which will appear in the balance sheet. You may assume that the missing number is the cash balance only because you have been asked to determine the cash balance
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
    The accounting equation is:
    Assets = Liabilities + Owners Equity

If you have the balances for all of your accounts you have to determine what type of account it is then you can figure out what your cash balance is. You start by adding your Liabilities and owners equity accounts together, then subtract out your assets and the remaining amount will be your cash balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting [ 3 Answers ]

I want different sets of questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting for free. I am a teacher in this area

AP Journal Entires - accrual accounting and cash accounting [ 6 Answers ]

What are the journal entries for accrual accounting and cash accounting for an invoice and a payment?

List five differences between management accounting and cost accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Describe five differences between management accounting and cost accounting

View more questions Search