Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gazhensh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Divorce settlement
    I am divorced but still paying some of the mortgage towards my home prior to the divorce. My ex wife is living there with her new partner and my son, she has a baby due at the end of February and getting married in July. She now wants me to sign the deeds of the house over to her and her new partner for nothing. There is £18,000 pounds equity in the property, am I entitled to any of this? She is requesting I sign a TR1 and an ID1 form, should I do this without seeking legal advice?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
    No you shouldn't sign anything without knowing the full ramifications. In this case if your still on the title and if in your final decree the home was left undecided then you may be entitled to a portion of the profits. Was the home ownership decided?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married for 20yrs in North Carolina.. I have helped my husband run his Business for 15 yrs.. he has not paid me , so I am 110% dependent on him. If we end up in a divorce, I know I am entitled to 50% of all assests.. he wants instead of spitting the shares in the mutual funds,...

Divorce settlement [ 3 Answers ]

We have been divorced for about a year and half. It was undisputed divorce on mutual understanding in terms of property distribution. Basically, I was not going to provide her any almony and she is going to keep the property we acquired during our joint live. In terms of income, I make about $60K...

Divorce Settlement [ 1 Answers ]

It will be one year this month November 2007, that I was granted a divorce from my ex husband, and in that divorce I was awarded 25% of his Gain Sharing. I have not received anything from the company yet. I have tried and tried to get somewhere with it, but no luck. I just keep getting the same...

Settlement in divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what are the rights entitled to each spouse at the time of divorce? Both are working and have shared in financial front. The husband a bit more than the wife. So will he be entitled to take the bigger share of the savings? Can the wife claim for an equal share? Who will have to...

View more questions Search